Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: (DC motor )Digitial Out to control FWD and REV_How ?

Stamp_III

Default (DC motor )Digitial Out to control FWD and REV_How ?

Hi !

I need help on this. I want a 9V DC motor to rotate FWD and REV using a digital out put,( i.e i have only two out put either 1 or 0. ) If I am not giving any input to motor I want it to be still. The problem is the output is always high or low so I can assign 1 for FWD and 0 for REV.

Really appreciate if any one can help on this.

Thanks,
    JAS

Blog Entries

Default hmm

Ever heard what H Bridge is ??? This is what you need .

Stamp_III

Default Thanks but ???

Hi Vikas,

Thanks a lot. But any one know where to get it in Bangalore ? or It would be great if some one can fwd me an H-Bridge ckt ( wich can be assembled with parts we get in India )

Thanks agin,

Blog Entries

Default hmm

Why not my a L293d hbridge IC ( Rs 125 ) availible in most places or if you want to build check out a simple circuit in wiki section

http://www.roboticsindia.com/modules...e=MotorDrivers

Default Good news..... bad news

Hi Vikas,

Thanx for the ckt. I tried it. The good news is that " it works " but the bad news is that " the SL100 and SK100s are really getting HOT ".

Any idea why is this so ? I am using a 9.6V batt. to run the motor. To make the logic high i am giving 9.6V to the base of BC148, is that a problem ? or some thing to do with the motor ?

Cheers !,
    M_Mobile
    " To make a bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible."

- Calvin

Blog Entries

Default hi

It will get hot ... after all the transistors are driving motors ... My advice sticks in some heatsink ( heat paste will also be nice ) . You can also try to use better motors .

Senior Member T-1000

Default Re: Good news..... bad news

Quote Originally Posted by mallumobile
    Hi Vikas,

Thanx for the ckt. I tried it. The good news is that " it works " but the bad news is that " the SL100 and SK100s are really getting HOT ".

Any idea why is this so ? I am using a 9.6V batt. to run the motor. To make the logic high i am giving 9.6V to the base of BC148, is that a problem ? or some thing to do with the motor ?

Cheers !,
    M_Mobile
    it has to get hot..... afterall sl100 cant really do without some serious heat sink..... redesign ur h bridge
    try out mosfets.... they do bear very high currents and r quite faithful too..

Senior Member T-1000

by the way u can try driver ics like l293d or uln2803...
    these ll do the job if the current ratings of ur motors r not tat high.
    if u thought u r the only mad person on the planet.......u got serious competition here

A speed and position controller for a DC motor, having SCR power circuits, has a digital computing device directly connected to the SCR firing circuits for controlling the SCR firing angle. A command signal in the form of a number is testking N10-003 applied to the computing device from a tape reader or other command signal generator. An encoder, operatively connected to the shaft of the motor, furnishes a feedback pulse frequency indicative of motor speed to a counter. The testking 1Y0-A09 computing device periodically samples the number in the counter for speed and position computations. The computed firing angles are compared with maximum firing angles testking HP0-D04 loaded into the computing device to prevent excessive currents which could cause arcing or demagnetization.

Blog Entries

Thumbs down Spam !

Well...well !!
    Looks like RIs first SPAMBOT attack!!
    This is an excerpt from Patent 4153863, collaged with a commercial product ad.....
    docel
    ^Anything is possible..
    after YOU prove it!!

http://bangalorerobotics.tripod.com