Thread: MSP430 emulator selling cheap

Default MSP430 emulator selling cheap

I am selling MSP430F2013 emulation tool cheap as am changing platforms and relocating.

The eZ430-F2013 is a complete MSP430 development tool including all the hardware and software to evaluate the MSP430F2013 and develop a complete project in a convenient USB stick form factor. The eZ430-F2013 uses the IAR Embedded Workbench Integrated Development Environment (IDE) to provide full emulation with the option of designing with a stand-alone system or detaching the removable target board to integrate into an existing design. The USB port provides enough power to operate the ultra-low-power MSP430 so no external power supply is required.

It sells for US$20(INR 800) in the US.

My price : INR 400.

If you are interested please PM me or email at:
    embeddedsales@gmail.com

Thanks.

Senior Member T-1000

Before I step up and take this, how easy is it to get TI microcontrollers in India. I'm taking of retails quantities - say, 100 pcs.
    --
    Mohit Mahajan,
    www.BioZen.co.in

Senior Member T-1000

Thanks ice, but that's not what I was asking. Arrow, Avnet, etc. won't bother if they hear 100 pcs. They are bulk distributors preferring to supply in US$ from their warehouses in Singapore or wherever, and the customer needs to get it customs cleared.

What I actually meant was some stocking distributor in India who will sell in small quantities in Indian rupees - like buying a PIC or AVR from the local dealers.

Default availability of TI controllers in India

Hi MohitM.

I agree with you there - availability of TI controllers in bulk quantities IS an issue. Additionally, Avnet and Arrow are simply unwilling to entertain small orders.

However, I would project the advantages of this tool to do the following:

1) Test the MSP430 with on board circuitry (including a small touchpad) supplied by TI on the evaluation tool. The touch pad is separate and costs INR 100 more.

2) Use this as a development tool to program controllers in small quantities. For instance if you are looking to build hobby projects you could ask for samples from TI which would be enough to do the job. Please be aware that you will have to connect additional wires to a ZIF socket to program DIP controllers.

3) Get to know the world's lowest power microcontroller! (MSP430)

All in all, I would say you look at the pros and cons and then decide. I have given you honest info from my side.

Thanks.

Senior Member T-1000

Sorry about that.

If you could get in touch with some of the shops in Mumbai on Lamington, I'm sure you could strike a deal with them. Some members here frequent Lamington road, you could put a request through them. If you let them know the quantity, they will show interest.

Senior Member T-1000

I checked the TI website on their MSP430 series of microcontrollers.

I found them a bit on the expensive side compared to PIC24F and PIC33F which are also 16 bit controllers.

Secondly, the issue of availability remains unclear. I need microcontrollers for some products that we design and we need to buy them through proper means - purchase bills, tax numbers etc. So unless a stocking distributor is around, we won't pick up a new part for our designs.

Thirdly, we don't do battery-based designs so low-power isn't a priority. Ease of designing and component availability is. I find PICs suitable in these aspects.

So sorry there, I've decided not to go for it, even though its a great deal. Hope you find a buyer for all your stuff. Best wishes for your new job/work.
    --
    Mohit Mahajan,
    www.BioZen.co.in

Senior Member T-1000

Quote Originally Posted by MohitM
    Hope you find a buyer for all your stuff. Best wishes for your new job/work.
    I didn't get you.

Senior Member T-1000

Quote Originally Posted by ice
    Quote Originally Posted by MohitM
    Hope you find a buyer for all your stuff. Best wishes for your new job/work.
    I didn't get you.
    Read his first post:
    Quote Originally Posted by embeddedsales
    I am selling MSP430F2013 emulation tool cheap as am changing platforms and relocating.
    So was just wishing him luck for his new job or work.
    --
    Mohit Mahajan,
    www.BioZen.co.in