Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ARM Starter Kit

Default ARM Starter Kit

Hello Friends,

I want to buy ARM development board as i want to learn ARM controllers. After week of search i could find only one site that sells this online in India.

http://emblitz.com/embedded-armstr-kit.html

I want you to give me you precious opinion on this. Is this good for this price as a starter kit for the beginner? :?

Although there are many ARM boards are available online but all of them are outside India.
    And i heard if i buy online outside the India then Import Tax(Excise etc.. i don't know actually) are so high that final price will be to high. .

If there are other Indian online sites where i can buy ARM boards then please do tell me.

Thank You Very Much for Your Time

Help Help
    please anyone,
    I m newbie to ARM. I am sure many of you guys here are expert.

And also Has any one order any kind of board from outside the India. So i would know wheather i will be able to afford the kit after all kind of excise duties and other taxes.

thanks

>> So i would know wheather i will be able to afford the kit after all kind of excise duties and other taxes.

How much are you willing to spend ?

Senior Member Cyborg

dude @ 5980 INR with other mentioned support it is very good option for ARM beggineers,
    Nikhil Chandra | Bangalore

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Thank you guys for reply.

Quote Originally Posted by wizardjack
    How much are you willing to spend ?
    my budget is around 5000 Rs.
    i think there are good kits are available online at quite reasonable price(compared to emblitz) including shipping. but if import duties are too high then i think i'll have to go with Indian made.

@vizard356: I have the Emblitz ARM Starter Kit. I also have a MCB2130, which IMO is the most de-facto kit for ARM7TDMI. The emblitz kit is a 'for beginners' kit. It ships with a training VCD, and it contains the training presentations, and comes with 'Lab Experiments' style examples. Which are fine for a absolute-zero beginner, but don't hold a drop of water as a 'real' development kit. They don't teach how best to layout a simple ARM7TDMI board, how to place decoupling caps, the best practices etc. They don't teach advanced things like external memory interfacing, and using the ARM as standalone processor, etc. for these kinds of applications you will need to get a 'real' development kit.

Regards,

Debu

@debu
    thank u very much for sharing information.

By the way where did you buy MCB2130 Evaluation Board. Is it available in India.

@vizard356: I got it from NuHorizon (clickie) , cost me ~Rs. 11,000 delivered. (135USD + duty).

Quote Originally Posted by debu
    @vizard356: I got it from NuHorizon (clickie) , cost me ~Rs. 11,000 delivered. (135USD + duty).
    okay thanks.
    may i ask how much was the duty. cause i heard that it is very high. i dont know actually.

once again thank you very much for you opinion.

@vizard356: The duty for populated circuit boards, unpopulated circuit boards, and IC components is 35%. If you are lucky, you wont be charged an additional CVD. As a thumb rule, for impoting I multiply the price of the imported item (in USD) by 70, (eg. 100 USD * 70= ~INR 7000). This gives you a rough idea, about the landed price.

Regards,

Debu