Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BATTERIES BATTERRIES BATTERIES!!!!!!!!

1. No they can charge Li-Ion batteries. Though its not give in the graph the strategy for charging followed by this IC is favorable to charge a Li-Ion battery.

2. You can get the 33uH inductor from "coilcraft". Ask for free samples from them. I have successfully used them in past in white LED driving circuits.

3. For power supply if you cant find a 25v wall supply get a printer power supply. It can provide you upto 32VDC

do you think the ic can handle 12.6 v li-ion

Yes it can charge 12.6 v Li-ion

good i have ordered samples for LT1512 and coilcraft, hope they arrive soon

Coilcraft may call you and inquire further details. Actually they called me. But they have a good service.

Default cheap solutions

Hi frnds......

I think its not really a good practise ti ask companies for free samples...as many a times because of this companies black list many countries and its hard to get samples when actually needed......

This solution to chrging li-poly battery exixts its very cheap indeed....

one can buy an external li-on charger we get these days mobil battery charges at mobil repair shops. These might not charge battery at very high charging current but seem preety good for the price I piked up mine for 60 Rs att alminton rd.......these are chinese good and when I opend it up I realizes it had a switching mode power supply...a small cob ic for charging the lithium ion battery...two small to-92 transistor (one for smps and one for chagring the battery...I gess the second transistor would be a switching transistor)....there were a 4 led and a couple of zenner and 4148 diodes...along with that.....se the pic of his charger .

Member Android

Why ask for free sample ?

Go thorough this link for li-on charger circuit using low cost LM 317 IC

http://shdesigns.org/lionchg.html

Regards,

pratik

hi asimov and pratik,

well the problem is that the charger asimov told about isnt available everywhere and also i dont think it can charge 12.6 v 2000 mah li-ion battery ...

pratik its a nice link you have given since i have never used it do u think it will be reliable and also will it be able to charge the above battery tyoe i told you about without exploding it ??

Member Android

Hi,

If u don’t wants to take a risk and build your own li-on battery charger then
    You can buy charger from Nex Robotics
    But they have only 8.4 v battery charger

http://nex-robotics.com/viewCategoryList.php?cid=8

Just ask robokits for 12.6 v 2000mah li-on battery charger as they sell the battery they mite have charger for it also .

Regards,
    pratik

ill try to do that i really dont trust a custom made charger its just too risky it would be a huge wastage if there is an odd connection in the circuit so i needed some links from where i can buy the charger for li-ion

Nimh would also do like 12v 2000 mah nimh with charger but i guess u cant find them online in india