Thread: 2mm pitch PCB's

Default 2mm pitch PCB's

Hi there,
    I am working on Xbee modules which require PCB's with a pitch(distance between holes) to be of 2mm(regular ones being probably 2.5mm)
    I am residing in delhi ,so can any one please tell me a shop where I find it?
    I am looking out for some specific shops/contacts
    please also mentione if you have had previously a similar problem?

regards

Humty_Dumpty

@humpty: If you mean Prototyping Board, then you may be able to get it at Bhagirath Place. But I very much doubt it, you will most probably need to get them fabricated.

Regards,

Debu

Default hello

As per my knowledge and experience the standard ptch size of all ic sockets and components is 2mm.
    Try hard, as thats the only thing in your hand

@rohitd: Mr. humpty_dumpty stated in his starting post that he wanted prototyping PCB's. The standard for these is .1 inch between each hole.

Now, 1 inch = 25.4 mm. Ergo, .1 inch = 2.5mm.

2mm pitch is something, I have not seen in standard IC's. But apparently XBee Modules have this pitch.

Regards,

Debu

Quote Originally Posted by debu
    @rohitd: Mr. humpty_dumpty stated in his starting post that he wanted prototyping PCB's. The standard for these is .1 inch between each hole.

Now, 1 inch = 25.4 mm. Ergo, .1 inch = 2.5mm.

2mm pitch is something, I have not seen in standard IC's. But apparently XBee Modules have this pitch.

Regards,

Debu
    Well I have seen use of 2mm modules before too in some of the small GPS modules

Senior Member Cyborg

Note that the ribbon pcb mount connector which we generally found in dvd / cd players has apitch of 1 mm, you can use it by seperating inbetween one pin cost for 6 pins is around Rs. 2 in Mumbai.

I guess it would be easier to just get wires out from the XBee module and then use standard pitch PCB.