Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: import from usa??

Default import from usa??

hi i wanted to import some components like vacuum tube (2 of them), and other amp buliding material from the usa. the total amount comes to around $250. shipping provided by them is usps.
    i wanted to know whether i will be charged import duty or customs duty on my import. please let me know. heres a copy of my BOM. (a bit distorted but managable to read)

please help me out!!!

Your Shopping CartPayments By PayPal

Item Options Quantity Remove Amount
    150 Eyelets $7.50 USD
    150 double tubular turrets $37.50 USD

Belton tube shield - 8 $18.00 USD
    Lamp-jewel-blue -2 $4.50 USD

Lamp-marshall-6.3v -1 $9.00 USD
    Marshall JMP 22k bias pot. -2 $5.95 USD
    Alpha30 Audio: 1M
    $9.00 USD
    Marshall JCM800/2204. 3.125 x 11.5. Choose board color: Black
    $35.00 USD
    Pot-Alpha8. Value: 25kL
    $4.50 USD
    Pot-Alpha8. Value: 250kL
    $2.25 USD
    Tubes: JJ EL34, Matched Pair. -2 $27.30 USD
    BLANK BOARD MATERIAL. (2W x 6L) Color: Natural,
    $3.84 USD

Subtotal: $170.29 USD
    Shipping & Handling: $9.75 USD

Senior Member T-1000

Below $100, the customs don't bother. Above that they may or may not.

USPS is US Postal Service, right? So they will pass on the cargo to India Post. In which case, you have a fair bit of chance of getting it duty free.
    --
    Mohit Mahajan,
    www.BioZen.co.in

@guitarchild: Yes, most probably you will be asked to customs-clear your goods, after paying the duty. This depends on how the party sending the goods marks your package. The duty will be charged on the amount declared by the carrier, so if you request the shop to reduce the amount mentioned, it will help. (This is what I generally do)

Regards,

Debu

@debu
    do the customs bother to open the packages to cross check the amount and type of item... i mean would they suspect coz my quantity tho not very high is sufficiently gud to catch attention maybe...

can u give me more info on how to go about customs!!!

another thing is that this shop has an offer quote:

"INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING SPECIAL!
    INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING SAME PRICE AS DOMESTIC FOR ALL ORDERS OVER $200.00!
    This means no extra shipping costs for overseas orders over $200.00.
    The shipping cost shown in your cart at checkout will be your shipping total!
    Promotion runs through May.
    Our way of saying thank you to our friends overseas.
    Please note: Most orders will ship U.S.P.S. Global Priority. In some cases, depending on product weight, we will need to ship with an alternate service."

and the charge is like $13 for stuff above $200.... so i have to make my cart above $200!!!

Quote Originally Posted by guitarchild
    @debu
    do the customs bother to open the packages to cross check the amount and type of item... i mean would they suspect coz my quantity tho not very high is sufficiently gud to catch attention maybe...

can u give me more info on how to go about customs!!!
    @guitarchild: 99% Not, Unless you give them a reason to open your package. Use a customs clearance agent, who will get your package through customs. These guys charge something like Rs.500, and go through all the paperwork and formalities for you.

Regards,

Debu

alright i have ordered from a different site... the total cart amount comes to arnd $193.00 ... the shop has shipped the package via U.S.P.S. Global Priority... now i have a few questions regarding the delivery...

1. will the usps people tranfer the stuff over to the indian post?

2. if no one is at my home how will they delver the stuff? will they come again and deliver or will i have to go to my local post office in bandra(w), mumbai and get it?

3. how will i know that the stuff is stuck at the customs?

4. if at all it is stuck at the customs can anyone suggest me some good customs clearance agents here in mumbai preferably near bandra??

???

*buzz*
    please reply its a bit urgent!!!

Member Advanced User

Default Valve

Hey,
    What is the application of Valves. I mean RF or audio application. I like valve thing like radio. I have good collection of radio tube. Like 807 valve for example.
    Bye

Member Advanced User

Default Custom

You import your parts through private courier firm like DHL, FedEx or any other. My exp. is that if any thing by normal post custom people hold the things and will send you letter, which happen with me. But the same FREE sample when came by DHL or FedEx they do not interrupt.