Thread: Need multi layer PCB

Junior Member User

Default Need multi layer PCB

guys I need to get PCB made for a control unit which has analog as well as digital signals on it and hence need to have a 4 layer PCB made for the project and it has size constraints, any suggestion as to where can I get this made from Either in Banglore ,pune or Mumbai. I tried some of the name available on the web but they are either too expansive or not to the mark.
    please help me with this. My place is all wrong for electronic projects.

@dinar: Why don't you try Circuit Systems in Bengluru? They are the best in the country. The phone numbers are:+91-80-3301030,3400624,3110059.
    They may have a minimum quantity, and a longer waiting, but the quality is mind blowing, as good as the boards which are made in taiwan or europe!!

Regards,

Debu

Junior Member User

Thank you Debu, will try and get the quote. what is the approximate engineering cost I should look at. just be sure when talking to PCB manufacturers.

Senior Member T-1000

Debu,

Please confirm the telephone numbers. They're supposed to be 8 digits.

@MohitM: Quite right. You need to add '2' before each number. +91-80- 23301030, 23400624, 23110059.

I just copied the number from their website. I wonder why these companies don't update their numbers, even months after the new system has been implemented :? .

@dinar: Look for something in the range of ~Rs.7/sq in per layer for ~1000 boards, If you go to circuit systems. A little expensive, but they give you a BBT report for each board, ROHS certificate, etc. If you send me a PM, I will send you some pictures of a multilayer board I got manufactured a short while ago from them. That may give some idea.

Regards,

Debu

Senior Member T-1000

And the Bangalore guys forwarded me to:

Circuit Systems (India) Limited
    B-24, GIDC Electronics Estate,
    Sector-25,Gandhinagar: 382044
    Call :+91 79 23287086/87/88
    Fax :+91 79 23287089

BTW, Rs. 7 per layer per sq. inch sounds too high for 1000 pieces. How big was the board?
    --
    Mohit Mahajan,
    www.BioZen.co.in

Quote Originally Posted by MohitM
    BTW, Rs. 7 per layer per sq. inch sounds too high for 1000 pieces. How big was the board?
    Glad you agree! :P

It is ~8x6.5. The board has a PQ208 package IC (XC3S400), and a lot of 6mil tracks with 4mil clearance, and 4-layers. Normally I would use golden phoenix or d-ying for this job, but neither are up to ROHS as yet. So I gladly paid the extra for circuit systems.

EDIT: Ok, rather then replying to the PM's, I'll post the pictures here. (sorry for the poor image quality)

So, the boards specs are:

Size: 8.1 x 5.4
    4 Layers
    Minimum track width 6mil
    Minimum clearance 4mil
    Gold plating on signal layer (for signals upto 12GBits/sec).
    ROHS compliant. (Except for the OMRON relays)

The bottom line is, I haven't met any other manufacturer in India who can give me the quality that I need for my 'Grade-A' clients, and the price is pretty much worth it.

Regards,

Debu

Senior Member Cyborg

I created this page few years ago for people in mumbai -
    http://www.geocities.com/fuzzyviv/edl/linksvendors.htm

I guess the "Wintech" company listed should do 4layers (i think they did 12/16)
    I dont know if the phone numbers are still valid.

good luck
    Vivek
    --
    " To get working ideas effectively, I try to fail as fast as I can. "
    Richard Feynman
    --
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqlawTD_9B0

Junior Member User

Guys got the PCBs made from Prototec Banglore, they charged me 10,000 for engineering and another 5,000 for set of 5 PCBs. they do a great job, My friend had visited their facility and they showed how they do it also. so for people interested in knowing something like this can approach them, the people are very helpful.

Guys what sort of price should I be looking at for a single sided PCB and double sided PCB, asking this as I have some addons to the project and need to do this. I mean the price in per sq inch as mentioned by members above, so that I can get some idea as what I have to pay.
    Will ask Prototec but I think it be expansive for single and double sided PCBs.
    If any leads on this to be done cheaply than it would be great.