Thread: ball hitting robot help

Default ball hitting robot help

i m working on bot which can put a table tennis balls in the hole
    im think of something like a electric piston to hit the ball
    this is going to be my first robot, so pls help me this guys

Senior Member Android

Default hi

i didn't get it......... do you want your robo to pick up ball and put it in hole or to push it toward hole (like billiards)

hey dis idea of electric piston sounds good ....can u plzz explain it bit in detail.....& y nt try it .... all the best

Looks like something great.

is it like pushing a ball towards the hole?

Hi all,
    I have also made a robot like you are thinking but i used for playing football using golf balls.There are many ways to hit balls.I'll suggest some of them:

1. You can attach a high torque motor to your robot with a metal peice as weapon.When you rotate motor the metal brick also rotates & hits the ball.This idea is for a beginner.
    2.As you said piston.I also used this method for hitting ball.I made small solenoid gun using electromagnets which had a lot of power.It was 12v & 2amp.For more info search on google by the following names- solenoid gun,solenoid actuator & solenoid motor.This is a tough job & is time consuming but if it works it can add power to your bot.
    3.You can add powerful pumps to suck ball(table tennis) & then through it can back when it is near hole.
    4.You can use old cd racks.The idea is same as solenoid but it is less costly & easily done but it is now where near the solenoid.

I'll tell you more ideas later.I will have to recall them.

Regards Akshay,
    Redefine it your way!!!!