Thread: [b]SOLAR powered motor drive[/b]

Default [b]SOLAR powered motor drive[/b]

Hi all..
    Am planning to design a vehicle which could driven by the Solar power.
    I want to know the details of the motor which has high torque and consumes low current. Alos i want to know the controlling strategy using PIC.

Senior Member Android

Default hi

controlling strategy using PIC
    well controlling strategy :!: :!: :!: :!:
    :idea: put your robo in sunlight..... :P :P
    ok get serious.....you are just using different power source, so as long as your voltage and current requirements are met any source will do.... so go for any circuit which work with battery and it will work with each and every power source..... more help could only be provided on the basis of what your bot do???

details of the motor which
    now here i will suggest to first check how much your solar cells can provide and then search for appropriate motor.... also mention how much torque???

Senior Member Cyborg

Default Re: [b]SOLAR powered motor drive[/b]

Quote Originally Posted by Immanuel
    Hi all..
    Am planning to design a vehicle which could driven by the Solar power.
    I want to know the details of the motor which has high torque and consumes low current. Alos i want to know the controlling strategy using PIC.
    First let us know to whom vehicle will carry?

Also max load, acceleration rate, velocity, tyre material ..... etc..etc....

Using only solar power to run your car is impractical. you have to use other power source which will contineouly supply power to your vehicle but will be charged from solar power.

Most of solar cells are unable to supply peak current which is required by motor during cruising.

regards

Senior Member Android

Default hi

a good consideration for your solar powered vehicle is that during noon it must produce atleast more than double power that is required by your system...... this will enable your system to work 24hour non stop......

but if your system working time is less , just calculate total power needed and make sure you can develop that power during daytime (6hrs)......

ofcource, rechargable batteries are needed....... how can we imagine solar power without them....... you can use the layout of UPS ( leaving the ac to dc and dc to ac part ) .......
    and for the ratings of solar cells: typically they give .5V 250mA from 2inch square area...... more power need more area.....

Default Hi fnds

Hi frnds I had made working solar car prototype(scalled down) when in svhool u ppl can look at the pics. on my web page

http://rohittkhanna.googlepages.com that can ran @0.5V 100mA solar cell with coreless dc motor(usually in walkmans) but u can make one using solar pannels from CEL(centeral electronics ltd).

Asimov