Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motors in Mumbai for Mechanical dude from Manipal

Default Motors in Mumbai for Mechanical dude from Manipal

Hey
    Does anybody know whether there are any small scale manufacturers selling motors with gearboxes in mumbai?? Im looking for dc motors w/ gearbox and i dont want it from a toy.... Any help will be appreciated...

Thanks
    Shanker Keshavdas
    Mechanical Engineering
    Manipal Institute of Technology
    Manipal

Default dc motors in mumbai

hi cowboy,
    u can get motors in grant road(laminton road)mumbai
    shops wich sells motor are
    1:servo motors
    2:bombay electronics
    3:gala electronics

100-150-300rpm motor 12 volts
    each cost 150 rs
    -sunil

Hi CowBoy And Sunil,

The Motors from Bombay Electronics Suck :? !! They have to be replaced often, Me and my friends we have had not so pleasant experience with them, Servo has come up with damn good Motors cost 125 bucks provide feedback seperately and consume lesser current for same load These are the best motors I know as of now But I am looking for smaller better and if possible even cheaper motors :lol:. Anyone got any sources Plz Share !!

:arrow: And for the tonnes of attitude that he has plz dont goto GALA :twisted:

Senior Member T-1000

Servo has come up with damn good Motors cost 125 bucks provide feedback seperately and consume lesser current for same load
    ...can you elboarte on the feedback part please..ranjit..

If it has an encoder[u say feedback] whats the count [500 or 1000]..
    Does the encoder come within 125Bcks...
    also a company name on the encoder...

looks like your new here
    ...which year in VESIT..my bro's there...

Senior Member Cyborg

Where is "Servo Motors" located in lamington road ?
    Vivek
    --
    " To get working ideas effectively, I try to fail as fast as I can. "
    Richard Feynman
    --
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqlawTD_9B0

Hi Ice ,

I am in SE Telekom VESIT, Ur broz in what branch/year, His name is ?

Yep I am New and no , no shaft encoders there, this I dont think is the kind of feedbak you can use for precise motor control. The normal DC motors available in Lamington for 150 bux also act as generators in the other direction, well these ones from servo dont !! instead they have 4 wires coming outta them, outta these I used the left pair to drive a bi- color LED to tell me dir^n of rotation. The other two I donno what they do havent done any experiments on them. One thing I have noticed though is that these motors suck much lesser current and one can safely drive two of em wid a L293D.

Plz anyone know of smaller, cheaper motors suitable for small roboz and available in mubai Plz Post.

Hi,
    check out this website of gear box manufacturer from mumbai
    www.mechtex.com/
    But I think they are a bit expensive. I called them to enquire about geared dc motors. The geared motor i want (3.5kg/cm torque, 50 rpm 12v) costs whopping R.1300. I have deferred the idea of buying it. But you may get the geared motor of your specification.

subot_robot

Default More Motor Stuff

Subot I tried these guys apparently the cheapest motor they can offer is for 875 bux :-( .
    By the way any of you Mumbai Guys tried buying junk CD ROM drives outside Grant Rd Station ? If anyone has plz post the cost, I beleive there is a beautiful stepper motor which could be of great use within every ROM drive.

Hi
    You can get stepper motors from junk printers also. Any one who have used scrap printer motor, plz post the approximate specification like voltage, torque, maximum rpm. and from which printer it was salvaged from.

subot_robot

i had bought a 15 Rpm motor from servo electronics. it had amazing torque, i put a metal rod in the hole of the motor shaft and held the rod firmly with my hand to check the torque and stall current. as i switched on the motor, the rod bent within no time. its a 12 V motor with 1.8 A stall current

i have seen 3.5 rpm motors at bombay electronics for 150 bucks. infact all motors (3.5 to 1000 rpm) cost 150 rs.