Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ADC

40Mhz is near the border of hobby freq. you need that sampling speed to be able to get a descent recreation of signals of 5Mhz which is definetly within hobby frequencies.There are lots of ADC in the 40Mhz range and in PDIP packages like the ADS0830 and so on.. so the pin capacitance and the rest are not all important as only the clock circuit runs at 40Mhz the others are at measuring frequency of 5Mhz....

And I did say that I am using a SRAM to store the data from the ADC there are ADC that can easily work at 100+Mhz and they are real cheap because of the fact that they were used in old PC and so there is a lot surplus.

I know it is a difficult assignment to take but I am pretty confidient about it and I am willing to take the risk.. So whats the problem ? The point is there is no use unless others can make it also, this will be possible if I can get all parts locally.

Senior Member T-1000
    Blog Entries

:lol: :lol: :lol:

cool down boy!! did I say I had a problem !! or that there is a huge problem!!

This is a forum, and this is were we discuss.

And I did say that I am using a SRAM to store the data from the ADC there are ADC that can easily work at 100+Mhz and they are real cheap because of the fact that they were used in old PC and so there is a lot surplus.
    so why did you have to ask here !!! All i gave was a few tips !!

.. so the pin capacitance and the rest are not all important as only the clock circuit runs at 40Mhz the others are at measuring frequency of 5Mhz....
    8O 8O :roll:

I know it is a difficult assignment to take but I am pretty confidient about it and I am willing to take the risk.. So whats the problem ?
    Did i ever question your confidence ??

The point is there is no use unless others can make it also, this will be possible if I can get all parts locally.
    are the "others" confident ??

:twisted:
    .... I didnt do it ! ....

Ok Ok... I had a pretty hectic day, and when I thought I will cool it down with a movie it turned out even crazier, so i am a bit stuffed up today!!!

This is a forum, and this is were we discuss.
    Thats exactly why I am here I want some help from ur experience..

so why did you have to ask here !!! All i gave was a few tips !!
    thanks a lot. and please do continue...

So any idea where I can get the ADC?? Does anybody have the number of Kerala stores at thrissur ? I have heard that they have many electronic components... Do they have a website ?