Thread: First time robotiocs... suggestions please.....

Default First time robotiocs... suggestions please.....

hi people....

i am a engineering stuedent.....

i am new to robotics...i need suggestions abt where to start with robotics...

like do i get robot kits and all?? or should i team up with the electricalstudents in my coll??..... i need some point to start things....so... somebody who can suggeston how i should do things... i would be glad..

i am basically a programmer.... (lang c, c++, java.)...

so where so i start from...

Default pick and place robotic arm

hello... m reema..
    cud anyone plz help me out with the pick and place arm.i want the arm to have 6 degrees of freedom..so that it can rotate,pick and lift an object,turn and place it...the objects that i wish to pick are about 50 to 100 gms in weight...i hv to make a c program for 8051...nw wat i wana knw is hw do i start.. i need to knw the dimensions and measurements needed for the same...hw to set the rotation degrees etc...can someone plz help me out with the basics.... m new to robotics..... Question

Blog Entries

wow reema.. I hope you realize the complexity behind a six degrees of freedom robotic arm.

Moreover.. you need to learn kinematics, inverse kinematics. Also, your question is really vague, how much do you want the arm reach to be? whats the size of the object?

Finally, the language is so messed up that it took some effort to decode and be able to understand what you actually wanted. Remember, this is a forum and not an sms.

Pick up some robotics book at your college library and you will find theory behind kinematics, go through that and let us know when you are done with that.

Rao

Junior Member Newbie

Default Re: First time robotiocs... suggestions please.....

Quote Originally Posted by niteshreddy
    hi people....

i am a engineering stuedent.....

i am new to robotics...i need suggestions abt where to start with robotics...

like do i get robot kits and all?? or should i team up with the electricalstudents in my coll??..... i need some point to start things....so... somebody who can suggeston how i should do things... i would be glad..

i am basically a programmer.... (lang c, c++, java.)...

so where so i start from...

Nitesh,

As you mentioned you know C, I suggest you to start with the ROBOTS interfaced with PC at its Parallel port. You can acces the parallel port locations using C program. if you set the port it will give an out put of 5V you can use it to switch on the relays which will control the motor (DC motor for beginer). Refer following link for quickstart http://www.epanorama.net/circuits/parallel_output.html

Regards,
    Shrikant