Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: controlling DC motor

Default controlling DC motor

hi!
    i would like to know whether the DC motors can be controlled like servos via a remote control(by using the transmitter and receiver modules)?

motor driver is needed or else go for the wired robot.

Quote Originally Posted by hardikcool
    motor driver is needed or else go for the wired robot.
    can the motor drivers can be controlled by remote controlled??

What do you mean by control?
    Servos output is restricted from 0-180 degrees but ordinary DC will have 360 degree rotation.

You can control the Speed of DC motor if you want to, but not position.

Senior Member Cyborg

if u talk abt servo's u need sure feed back.that could be of any format optical encoder,tacho(bit old),hall effect etc.
    so that driver will know where the motor shaft is exactly.imean position of rotor.
    so as far as DC motor is concerned,yes u can run a DC motor as servo along with encoder with suitable driver(or say a micro controller).

so u need a DC motor controller with servo linkup facility.we used one like this before(was imported :-)
    I am reactive.

Quote Originally Posted by anilmaddala
    What do you mean by control?
    Servos output is restricted from 0-180 degrees but ordinary DC will have 360 degree rotation.

You can control the Speed of DC motor if you want to, but not position.
    By control i mean the speed of the dc motor. for example if i want to make an wireless remote controlled robot like an all terrain vehicle using 2 dc motors for driving the wheels and one motor for steering, how do i control the motors?

for steering do we need an servo? or an dc motor is enough.?

Quote Originally Posted by firoz
    if u talk abt servo's u need sure feed back.that could be of any format optical encoder,tacho(bit old),hall effect etc.
    so that driver will know where the motor shaft is exactly.imean position of rotor.
    so as far as DC motor is concerned,yes u can run a DC motor as servo along with encoder with suitable driver(or say a micro controller).

so u need a DC motor controller with servo linkup facility.we used one like this before(was imported :-)
    Can u please provide any links for these kinda DC motors?

Hi Ukesh, if you want accurate control over steering go for servo motor or stepper motor for steering. If you want to keep the working simple, you use basic Differential drive using two DC motors.

Senior Member Android

hi ukesh
    just want to say few lines.....
    if you can do it with wires, you can do it without wires also.......
    servo motor=DC motor+shaft encoder+feedback+some other circuitry....
    and i suggest to use differential drive.....

og course u an ..u need those ask tx/rx modules 433 mhz and an encoder decoder chip .. .