Thread: help required in ultrasonic motion sensing project

Default help required in ultrasonic motion sensing project

hey frenz... m in ma 6th sem right now ... doing ECE... n as a part of our mini project we were planning to create an ultrasonic motion sensing device ...i got the project from the net ... the link is ... http://web-ee.com/images/UltrasonicMotionDetector.pdf ... the prob is ... the 40khz ultrasonic transducer pair n the 40 khz crystal is hard to obtain in india... ive been mailing various firms outside india asking if these 2 components r available .... but all my efforts ended up in vain .... can ne1 pls suggest from where i can get the above 2 components ???

u can get those components from nex-robotics.com

triindia.co.in..
    robokits.org

Quote Originally Posted by superchiku
    u can get those components from nex-robotics.com

triindia.co.in..
    robokits.org
    thanx a lot for the above sites... but i still din have ne luck in getting the 40khz crystal... vthout the 40khz crystal i dun think the above project is possible... is 40khz crystal really hard to get in india ? even googling 40khz crystal din end up in ne firm which wud provide me one... pls help

buy the available ping sensors...ultrasonic range finders...u dont need the crystals then. .

there is no 40khz crystall available. use a 555ic to generate a 40khz pulse for the ultrasonic transducer.

u dont need to do all these things just buy one ultrasonic ping sensor that will be enough.. .

u dont need to do all these things just buy one ultrasonic ping sensor that will be enough.. .
    hey ...thanx again buddy ... but can u temme more abt the ultrasonic ping sensor ??? if im using the ping sensor then the transmitting n receiving section as shown in the diagram shud be changed ???

yes but now the ultrasonic ping sensor will give out distance measurements in terms of analog voltage ...u can use a microcontroller to measure this volltage and then do the required job if the object detected is under a specific distance. ..

yes but now the ultrasonic ping sensor will give out distance measurements in terms of analog voltage ...u can use a microcontroller to measure this volltage and then do the required job if the object detected is under a specific distance. ..
    thanx a lot buddy ... will let u know abt the details... btw ... which software wud u suggest for simulation ???