Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sensors and Computer Interfacing.

How can you do parallel wireless transmission?
    Its not possible unless you have 8 (or more) different frequency RF pairs at each end.
    I have never heard of data being transferred wirelessly in parallel.

Serial is the only practical solution.
    You can use USART if you have only 2 devices.
    Or perhaps you can use something like I2C if you have many devices.

HH10D gives a frequency based output. I guess that will make it a bit hard to interface. You will have to set up a timer in a uC which is clocked externally through the output from the sensor. You could read the timer register value every 0.1s or so , and perform the appropriate operations on the value to get the humidity.
    BTW , how much did you pay for the sensor?
    What are the the sensors you managed to get?

Have you taken a look at this thread? Take a look at it , it might help :
    http://www.electro-tech-online.com/e...n-sensors.html

BTW , an atmos. pressure sensor is available :
    http://www.hoperf.com/pro/hp01d.html

Junior Member Newbie

Default .

How can you do parallel wireless transmission?
    Its not possible unless you have 8 (or more) different frequency RF pairs at each end.
    I have never heard of data being transferred wirelessly in parallel.

Serial is the only practical solution.
    You can use USART if you have only 2 devices.
    Or perhaps you can use something like I2C if you have many devices.
    yes I know that we can't send it in parallel fashion. But due to limited knowledge on serial transmission we are planning to convert serial to parallel and vice - versa . Is that a good idea?? :?:

BTW , how much did you pay for the sensor?
    We need not buy any thing, the college is providing us with any accessories we needed.

What are the the sensors you managed to get?
    Till now we have only managed the same old temp. sensor, HH10D Humidity sensor only . But am planning to get the HP01D(thank you) now. :idea:

HH10D gives a frequency based output. I guess that will make it a bit hard to interface. You will have to set up a timer in a uC which is clocked externally through the output from the sensor. You could read the timer register value every 0.1s or so , and perform the appropriate operations on the value to get the humidity.
    Regarding this I'll be posting the problems faced during the lab work. I guess I will get suggestions from you people. So thanks in advance.

yes I know that we can't send it in parallel fashion. But due to limited knowledge on serial transmission we are planning to convert serial to parallel and vice - versa . Is that a good idea?? Question
    You dont have an option. You have to convert the serial data into parallel format in order to store it or to operate upon it. All uCs and IC's are basically parallel in nature. They need the data to be converted to parallel format before using it. You cannot directly use serial data.