Thread: HT640 and HT648L

Default HT640 and HT648L

Hi I need help in the circuit diagram for connecting HT640 and HT648L with PC parallel port. Can someone please provide the circuit..
    Thanks a lot..

Hi all,
    You are using HT640 & HT648L ,this means that you need to encode & decode 8 channels.I don't have the circuit but i have a different idea.I did couple of weeks back.

I connected 8 relays to my parallel port.The other end of the relays were connected to a Uc.Then i connected the RF module to Uc.Then i wrote a program which sent the data serially.The input was parallel from the port but the output was serial.

Now for the reciving part.I connected the RF module to my Uc.The data coming in serial.Then i again wrote a program to decode the serial coming data to parallel.So the output was parallel.I had connected 2 L293d with my Uc which could now run 4 motors.I did this without a shift register.

THE BLOCK DIAGRAM WOULD BE :

TRNASMITTER

1. PARALLEL PORT
    |
    |
    2. 8 RELAY BOARD
    |
    |
    3. MICROCONTROLLER
    |
    |
    4. RF MOLDULE

1. RF MODULE
    |
    |
    2. MICROCONTROLLER
    |
    |
    3. MOTOR DRIVER(not necessary)

Regards Akshay,
    Redefine it your way!!!!

thanks akshay..

I have also connected 8 relays to my pc parallel port, in my circuit..
    Can you give the circuit diagram for the ckt u are talking abt?

Thanks a lot..

Default @Akshay66

can I know why there is a relay layer in your circuit.

You could directly connect like this .

Parallel port ---> HT640--> RF Transmitter(If you are building a transmitting application at the comp end)

Parallel port ---> HT648--> RF Receiver(If you are building a receiving application at the comp end)
    Robonics Systems
    Buy quality Robotics Kits for the cheapest rates in India.
    Visit http://robonics.co.in for more details

My Robotics Blog
    http://roboticsforyou.blogspot.com

Default Re: @Akshay66

Quote Originally Posted by robonics
    can I know why there is a relay layer in your circuit.

You could directly connect like this .

Parallel port ---> HT640--> RF Transmitter(If you are building a transmitting application at the comp end)

Parallel port ---> HT648--> RF Receiver(If you are building a receiving application at the comp end)
    I have connected the relays to the parallel port, whenever 1 is output, the relays supply Vcc to the HT640, else they ground..

Ya I could have connected directly, but I saw this circuit which had relays with HT12E.

Also I have put 330k resistor in both HT640 and HT648L for osc. I will use 9V in HT640. Can I use 12V in HT648L in receiving ckt. which will drive stepper motor?

Also I have not used resistors in data inputs to HT640. Is that fine?

Thanks a lot..