Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: which battery?

@pranavtrehun007:
    thanx 4 d suggestion i will definitely work on that and btw i have already made many smaller projects thats y i m nw with a big gun!!

trying to make a perfect combination of all terrain and robo -war machine and i am very near to it.....

split the power distribution into two parts.
    attach more batteries to the slower motor and see the combination that gives you a nearly straight trajectory .
    uhm....i dont think that is a very good idea.
    Adding extra batteries to increase or decrease the speed would be a very inefficient way to do it. Motors dont have a linear Voltage vs RPM curve also. A better solution would be to use PWM to control the speed of the motors and then set both appropriately to get them both running at the same RPM.

Blog Entries

PWM is a fantastic idea as it also ends up saving battery life.

One of the major problem with two motor (differential) drive is making the robot go in a straight line.

As suhas said, applying different signals to both motors will solve your problem

Rao

Quote Originally Posted by rao
    PWM is a fantastic idea as it also ends up saving battery life.
    Using PWM may reduce speed also and i cant let the speed go down and also the bot is completely manual........

so using these things on this bot is a bit undesirable according to me!!!

Blog Entries

With Different PWN signal you can actually make the bot go straight if motors are out of alignment. Thats how its professionally done ...

100% duty cycle pwm is nothing but DC , and no speed loss.

For batteries , i think these motors will be able to handle the weight of lead acid batteries quite easily.
    Vikas Patial

Blog Entries

Search for the 555 PWM circuit. Make one for each motor. Use the pots to tune the speeds seperately. The robot will still remain manual and the PWM circuit dont require uCs, 555s are quite cheap and the circuit is quite easy.

Rao