Thread: ARM family

Hybrid View

Senior Member Android

Default ARM family

can any one tell me some good resourse site for arm7 family of microcontrollers i need it so i could program it
    googlee diidn't help much
    i have datasheet of lpc2138 that's all i have for arm
    where can i get a cheap arm development board along with usb programmer and miccrocontroller of my choice of reasonable price???? any recommendations??

Blog Entries

robokits.co.in is the site you want to visit. They have the cheapest board on the net. And you have no other options for cheap boards .

You will need a USB to serial converter for connection their programmer , BAFO worked fine for me. And programmer works with Flash Magic.
    Vikas Patial

@samurai_01: Join the ARM Group on Facebook (clickie). Lots of experienced people from all over the word developing for ARM7TDMI there, and it will give you great perspective.

Regards,

Debu

Its amazing to see the way in which various online shops represent their prices (lots of business lessons to learn here)...
    I went to robokits site and saw the ARM LPC2138 board priced at INR 1000, I was amazed, on further exploration I saw that this price was not inclusive of a microcontroller....now thats amazing, imagine an ARM 2138 board without the MCU, wht the hell will someone do with it?

So the next step is u select the MCU, just to find out that you still have to purchase a programmer to get started, you again select that and go on to find that there is hardly anything worth experimenting on the board except for LED blinking, I am sure thr is better stuff u wanna do with ARM7 than just blink LEDs so u select a motor driver since that is the only accessory available and bingo...look at the cost now...its INR 3000 probably without taxes...

Either Vikas is unaware of the ARM board options or wants to just assert when he says:
    "And you have no other options for cheap boards . "

Let me present yet another option here (no offence intended):
    http://www.ngxtechnologies.com/produ...c.php?prodid=2

The LPC2148 board that I have shown here is worth just INR 1800, unlike robokits, it includes everything u need to get started including USB, PS2, VGA, SD/MMC, UART, SPI, audio....beat this....that is the kind of stuff u wud do with am ARM7...an ARM7 board does not mean that you sell a breakout board....comparing the above two ARM boards would be like comparing apples with oranges....

FYI, I am not associated with the above firm in anyways b4 u start concluding things....

Senior Member T-1000

The LPC2148 board that I have shown here is worth just INR 1800, unlike robokits, it includes everything u need to get started including USB, PS2, VGA, SD/MMC, UART, SPI, audio....beat this....that is the kind of stuff u wud do with am ARM7...an ARM7 board does not mean that you sell a breakout board....comparing the above two ARM boards would be like comparing apples with oranges....
    I can't see any VGA,SD/MMC in board while PS2,USART and SPI are also available in cheap 8 bit MCUs

Have a look at

Link
    http://www.vegarobokit.com/product_d...category_id=42

Well if u wanna go cheap, only Breakout board can be considered.
    Avinash Gupta
    www.eXtremeElectronics.co.in

Blog Entries

@ saurabhg84 , Man i did not know this board is for Rs 1800 , i would have bought it then. Thanx for sharing .

But the how do we find such sites ? unless you guys dont tell us .

Also i think Online Robotics Companies are charging a premium for everything.
    Vikas Patial