Thread: Need help exploring/reviewing final year project ideas

Default Need help exploring/reviewing final year project ideas

Hi all,

I am a Computer Systems Engineering student in a UK university and feel really connected to robotics India community. This is where I learnt most about robotics when I was in school (implemented the avr2313 in-system programmer and did some small programs, also controlled a RC car via parallel port).

My passion for robotics has grown over the past few years and now that I can actually work on a project with full dedication and commitment, I feel lost as I can't decide on the final year project.

I have options like "swarm robotics", "real time face recognition using FPGAs", etc. in university. I was hoping I could get a little more insight into what might be worth working on.

I am not sure what sort of complex task I could accomplish using swarm robotics approach to get me an A. Also, real-time processing sounds interesting. Any other project ideas would also be worth exploring.

I have about 6 months (2 days/week) = 360 hrs(total) - 144 hrs(for testing) = 216hrs to implement the project and do the report.

Any help would be really helpful.

Thank you for your time,
    Ankit

Blog Entries

Swarm Robots is nice ...

Why not try to use these robots as battlefield motoring robots. Robots with seismic , magnetic , sound sensors etc which collective process info and the give Command and control station a overview of things going on, maybe a real time map of the battle field.

There are many challanages which will come up , Stuff like time synchronization for sound localization ( if you want ), Weather processing is on site or off site, security of the communication b/w motes etc etc .

just giving ideas .
    Vikas Patial