Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need funding/sponsorship for robocup

Default Need funding/sponsorship for robocup

We team "LesInvincibles" from Hyderabad are on the lookout for companies or private well-to-do individuals or trusts who can fund our entry for the Indian edition of robocup(robocup.in)
    Our entry has many firsts like
    => offloading the entire image processing part onto the GPU
    => using Back Emf for speed measurement unlike other
    competitors cutting the cost like by almost 70%
    => A system where players chalk out their own
    strategies rather than stick to path planning and painful ,boring,hard coded approaches like
    that
    => ,the whole thing is in Java and JOGL and the latency is only 0.2ms
    My teammate already sent a similar mail to the admin of this site.So we would appreciate his feedback too.
    Our teams budget is set at a record low price of rs30,000
    So people,if u feel u have what it takes to promote and be promoted,
    please do let us know
    Cheerio
    karthik

Blog Entries

HI

Yep ive got the email from you , but these days we are trying to build a new robotics platform called ARP , so we are investing in that.

For starters if i were to fund you I would be interested in your track record ? The robots uve built / prototypes ? Any Events you have won ? .

Also your first post about requiring funding dosent really have you being taken seriously . If you were are regular contributor to this i would have actually thought about it.

Regards
    Vikas Patial

Guys

Believe it or not ,our teams ideology is to not participate in commercial robotics because we are from Hyd where all we get for competition is a bunch of things with four motors and a freakin switch which they call a "ROBOT" and in some extremely rare cases,u get line followers.
    So,our robotics development has mostly been restricted to "inhouse" development.Dis is the first time we are going outa Hyd as we are kinda relieved from my crappy college schedule

Well here are some of our projects

=> A Soccer bot using Image processing ( Using A LUT based Approach in Java)
    => We used bluetooth for the wireless communication part from pc to phone using J2me and an Ir link with the bot from the phone using MAX3100

=> A Universal adaptive PID controlled line follower
    Self explanatory,and dis was our first attempt at using Back Emf for speed measurement(encoding)

=>Others are not worth mentioning,the run of the mill micromouse stuff,and a vision controlled Sumo bot.

And ya,this has nothing to do with the scholarship
    but we would be damn interested in aiding development for ARP
    please do let us know

Senior Member T-1000

@Vikas

Please post proceedings/developments of the ARP project in a post! 8)
    Avinash Gupta
    www.eXtremeElectronics.co.in

Senior Member T-1000

For someone who is requesting for some money, you sure have an unusual choice of words...

"Rich dude", "scholarship crap", "freakin switch", "crappy college schedule", "hard coded crap"...

Its fairly obvious that your favourite word in the English language is "crap"!

Don't get me wrong, you probably are better off being an angst-ridden heavy-metal rock star with long hair, lead-guitar and a cigarette!... But, hey, maybe you are!

--
    Mohit Mahajan,
    www.BioZen.co.in

Guyz trust us

hey Socrates was naked most of the time u know ,So dont come to a conclusion just becuz we use slangs

I know that the people who would actually sponsor us would care more about what we would do and not what we speak

Guyz ,we are really desperate here,even a loan kinda thing would suffice,but sponsorship would definitely be cool cuz we know we are worth it .

@Mohit: Yes,I am a lead guitarist too :wink:

Even letting us know about people and Industries who would sponsor would also be of immense help

Senior Member T-1000

Quote Originally Posted by karthikprasad
    Guyz trust us
    Hard to do that, if you call someone who may lend you money "rich dude".

hey Socrates was naked most of the time u know
    Not true actually... And even if it was, he didn't go around asking for money naked. If someone does that, it'd be called begging.

So dont come to a conclusion just becuz we use slangs
    But being an Internet with no face-to-face interaction, the language that you use, goes a long way in helping make that conclusion.

I know that the people who would actually sponsor us would care more about what we would do and not what we speak
    You wish!.. But the real world no longer works that way. In the late 90's maybe yes, it was cool to be non-conformist, but after the dotcom bust, not anymore.

The reason I keep on harping on correct language here in this forum is that a proper presentation goes a long way in creating a good image when communicating with people who matter. It'll help you throughout your career and life if you pay enough attention to detail. After all, syntax matters in programming languages, rules matter in engineering; and so it should not be all that difficult to do the same while communicating. Especially, if you are trying to convince somebody of your worth. You may really have a great idea, so please don't present it so trivially.

If you don't trust me on this, please go to any of technical forum: AVRfreaks, PIClist, Microsoft... You'll find great technical discussions there and everybody uses proper language.
    --
    Mohit Mahajan,
    www.BioZen.co.in

Default haha

Hi Guys,
    Mohit is right to a gr8 extent..........ur language is ur identity in this face less world......try persuading ur college dean.....30K is not a big sum for a college......

Asimov