• No

2 14.29%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No business for Hobbist!

Junior Member User

Default No business for Hobbist!

Hi! Robotics and Electronics Enthusiasts,
    Specially many many thanks to this site Admin

I'm Kapil from New Delhi. I've keen interest in same field since my childhood but could not continue on it due to my own problems. But now I'm retired since 2007 and working on some projects and studying the project books and some stuffs. And hanging around these forums since 2007 but today I registered to this forum to post this. Coz, later I used to hesitate to post here being old.

Now I decided to work for you guys and supporting in your projects, giving the components at very cheap price (wholesale rate for unit qty). I'm ready to spend 10 lakhs. I'm not interested in business ... you guys just give me the ideas how to start and from where should I bring those components ... actually where those Lajpat Marketian brought from... you can also contribute in this project. Let's discuss here!

(sharing with you one: I had also gone Lajpat, and asked for 1000pcs AT89S51, they give me the rate: Rs. 27/- )

I want to establish a open-source hardware community here in India.
    Please give the ideas regarding this one. I'm with you guys.

Excuse me, for my bad english.
    Never give up!

Default without profits its hard surviving

Hi frnd,
    Your idea seems good and novel..........but understand its important also to earn...even if you r retired. Charge resanoable....may be Rs 35 for 89s51 but have fare margin say 15-20% or so.

Its good you have interest in this hobby. Have a website to display the stuff and price. People will buy thru cards and stuff......

asimov

Blog Entries

Hi

I dont know if you read about my ARP threads .

I am looking for a partner to do the work like getting things , getting them sodlered , logistics ( I can get this done all myself but my line of work dosent allow this much time ) and i would design stuff , market and ensure sales.

And we do 50 % profit sharing , I have talked to other people before but most are profit driven. Like asimov said i also plan to charge decently but not RIP students off like most indian sites are doing right now. My main aim is the proliferation of robotics and easy access to a good platform.

If you interested we can talk, and work something out. Send me a PM with a mobile number and lets see where it goes.

Regards
    Vikas Patial

Junior Member User

Quote Originally Posted by vikas
    My main aim is the proliferation of robotics and easy access to a good platform.
    That's mine too.
    Never give up!

Junior Member User

Default Re: without profits its hard surviving

Quote Originally Posted by asimov_18
    Have a website to display the stuff and price. People will buy thru cards and stuff......
    Thanks for this idea.
    Never give up!

Hello noble people !

How much I wish if there were a robotics club which I could join. Which had a lab with micro lathes, mills, PCB making setup, scopes etc. and of course like minded people. some with money, some with experience, some with time, some with just intelligence etc.

I would be happy to pay 2k or say per month membership.

Cheers !!

Pradeep

Junior Member User

Quote Originally Posted by pkshima
    How much I wish if there were a robotics club which I could join. Which had a lab with micro lathes, mills, PCB making setup, scopes etc. and of course like minded people. some with money, some with experience, some with time, some with just intelligence etc.
    Yes, I'm what going to do... but guys give some solid ideas regarding this projects... the source of those stuffs...
    Never give up!

we can buy direct from the companies.

or ask companies for contacts of first level distributors.

Junior Member User

Quote Originally Posted by pkshima
    we can buy direct from the companies.
    Thanks !

And give me some clue for setting up the lab for producing custom electronics kits. I mean what are the basic infrastructure that we have to setup?
    Never give up!