Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Vacancies for Master's Student

Junior Member Newbie

Default Any Vacancies for Master's Student

Hi friends! By next year september 2010 , my Masters in Intelligent Systems and Robotics course will be completed in UK.I want to do job in our INDIA.Do i have such oppurtunites here.please do reply.

Blog Entries

Stay in UK , Job wise in robotics India is Bad. But if you wanna do some entrepreneurial it might be good as Robotics is still emerging.

If you want to do a job look west.
    Vikas Patial

@kavi: Where are you located?

Regards,

Debu

Junior Member Newbie

Default need advice

From next october my course will start...shal i change my course?and shift to some other....please do reply

Junior Member Newbie

Default hi

hi debu ... i stay in khammam,andrapradesh

which university are you going to enroll in ?

@kavi: Next October? As in October'09?

The reason I asked is that I am currently in the process of moving to the UK, and my new job involves dealing in commercial and military contracts for various embedded systems (including several robotics related). The UK has a huge demand for professionals in this area.

India, on the other hand is very behind in this regard, and my finding is that the problem lies in our thinking. I'll give two example of that.

1) One post behind this one, you asked if there are many jobs in India in the field of robotics, and when you found out the the demand is fairly limited, you asked if you should drop the idea and pursue some other course. What if you did complete your course? Worked wherever there is a demand for people of your qualifications (Singapore, US, UK, Japan, Middle East, etc.) for a few years, and after you gained some experience and practical knowledge decided to do something on your own; here in India. Wouldn't that be a step in changing the current predicament of our country?

2) A few days ago, I was involved in a short debate here in these forums; being experienced in the matter, I merely stated that using SMT is as easy as using throughole, even for first time hobbyist. Its only a matter of getting used to it with the first 5-10 boards (Can you remember the first 5 throughole boards you ever soldered? If they were anything like mine, they would have been utterly trash). The responses that I got (even from more experienced members of the community), made me realize that the hobbyists are afraid of change. If anyone here feels that hobbyists ten years later are still going to be using throughole components, they are in for a rude awakening. Stating reasons like availability and replacibility also doesn't hold much good, a good desoldering pump costs no more then Rs. 150, and there is absolutely no component which is not available in India today, even if they need to be ordered. (I recently purchased Atmel XMega parts off-the-counter in Mumbai!). My point here being, that hobbyists (who should be the rallying point of this movement) in our country, are not willing to inculcate the change either.

Regards,

Debu

Senior Member T-1000

Quote Originally Posted by debu
    India, on the other hand is very behind in this regard, and my finding is that the problem lies in our thinking. I'll give two example of that.
    Debu,

I'm kinda loaded with work so should let this comment pass, but cannot.

I have absolutely no patience with people who India-bash on basis of trivialities. It is so pathetic that the SMT-discussion was one of those things that led you to the conclusion that 'Indian thinking' is 'behind'. Not that it is too relevant here, but may I request you to go to Agra, Ludhiana, Rajkot, Bhopal, Warangal, Nagpur (to name a few tier-B cities) and try to source a few SMD resistors.

Go ahead, emigrate or whatever, but kindly do not berate India like some stuck-up whiz kid. I've seen quite a few, especially when they got jobs overseas. But not very recently. I thought this had stopped in the 90s, when going abroad was something big.

@MohitM: Alright, I apologize for hurting your sentiments, It was not my intention to do so .

Why don't you express your thoughts on why technology in India progresses at less then half the rate as some of the other third world countries (taiwan, korea, srilanka...)?

go to Agra, Ludhiana, Rajkot, Bhopal, Warangal, Nagpur (to name a few tier-B cities) and try to source a few SMD resistors
    Any why do you think that is? :lol:

Regards,

Debu

Senior Member T-1000

Quote Originally Posted by debu
    @MohitM: Alright, I apologize for hurting your sentiments, It was not my intention to do so .
    And my apologies for losing my head and being too harsh in my last mail.

Regarding the discussion, I'll get back later as I'm a bit busy with work today.
    --
    Mohit Mahajan,
    www.BioZen.co.in