View Poll Results: When is the breakthrough in Robotics technology going to happen in India?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%
  • After 2010 before 2015

1 14.29%
  • After 2015 before 2020

1 14.29%
  • After APJ's dream of India 2020

1 14.29%
  • Too early to ask this Question

4 57.14%

Thread: Breakthrough in Robotics technology in India

Default Breakthrough in Robotics technology in India

please put your comments

Wierd yet interesting poll :-)

I voted for between 2015-2020.
    A hell lot of things are going to happen by 2015. A lot of infrastructure programs will finish. A lot of housing projects will complete. The defence would be done with modernization i.e. admiral gorshkov would be in, a few nuke subs would be built. the MMRCA would be done. new IIMs and IITs would start I hope.

All that will take India to a all new height where we will be able to give our hidden ideas a shot :-)

Blog Entries

Sadly my friend its all going down if we dont control the population . First thing that is required is control population ... rest all can wait.

I say we need leadership who rules by iron fists and takes care of the core problems first. The main problem facing india is Population.

And as for robotics , I dont see any breakthroughs , maybe after 20 years of when it happens in the US.

@pkshima no offence but ....
    admiral gorshkov is second hand stuff which is costing us dearly(Russians fleece us for everything). Nuke subs have long time to go ... India will have about 5 operational Subs by 2012 ( 9 i think currently ) china has 63 with nuclear + ICBM capability ones. Multiple IIT and IIM's just degrade value , Ive seen the students of the new IIT's they are a joke .
    Vikas Patial

Blog Entries

What do you mean by breakthrough in robotics technology?? We dont have most of the necessary manufacturing units here, most of the products we have in India are either smuggled or chinese or both.

What is breakthrough according to you?

and...LOL "APJs dream of India 2020"....

Rao

The completion of projects I listed will not make India a super power but will poise us for it because we would have learnt a lot by then.

I foresee that the Indian government would give up hopes on DRDO, HAL etc and there would be private companies willing to make money from the defense modernization. So a model more like the US would set in. Private companies will not have the moral obligation or fear before firing idiots.

Blog Entries

DRDO, HAL etc are tax payers money wasted ... If anyway we going to buy everything why not close them down.

Problem is they are not accountable , Also they cant really be penalized or action be taken against them for non - delivery. Which is not so in private sector.

Did you know DRDO has a huge lab dedicated to AI And Robotics called CAIR .
    Vikas Patial

Nah I didnt know that. But I can imagine old people sitting tight on those chairs which always have a white towel on them.

And I can imagine a new joinee giving them an idea just to hear back from a smiling old man that "my friend we also used to think all this but this is not how things work .... blah blah blah"

Member User
    Blog Entries

Well.... the breakthrough in ANY technology has to be from the youth... so its up to us

We have the manufacturing capability here in India for sure and we also have the intellect to make it smarter and cheaper --- otherwise nano would be still in the blueprints

What we need is concepts and radical ideas and many ARE doing it in India for robotics

Systemantics, Bangalore is India's first robot development company and they have successfully developed a pick and place robot. Apart from that in using robots in automation processes we have Reflex Automation and PARI who are doing quite well

So I would say 2015 is the time when we will definitely see some major indigenous breakthrough.... and if more of us stick back and not go to the US for a 'better' life... it could be even earlier

Vande Mataram!