Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Things you hate about Robot shops/Robot Companies

Blog Entries

Default Things you hate about Robot shops/Robot Companies

Since Ri will also get into this business soon . I thought why not ask you guys for things which you hate and make you not buy from certain vendor.

Bad Experiences are also welcome ... We want to give the you the clients the best experience ... Since we are here because of you.

Here are some to start with which i dont like -

1. Shipping ... Everyone should have free shipping over certain amount
    2. Customer Service ... Abysmal with most shops ( They should get back in 12 - 24 hours max ) Not take 3 days or never get back.
    3. Community Interaction ... Most just spam and dont make any contributions
    4. Local Outlet ... Most Indians want to feel and see before buying.
    5. Prices ... They should not blatantly make you feel Ripped.
    6. Better Pictures ... Most have really bad images of their products
    7. Documentation ... Almost no one carries semantics of their products say we want to make some changes.Also better documentation should help.

Please add ... and we will not try to make the same mistakes.
    Vikas Patial

FREE SHIPPING

are u seroius

i am in mumbai then what will be charges

you make a system like 2 to 3 orders monthly and over that u will charge

waiting for shop to open

please list all of the products

Blog Entries

Yep im planning free shipping, But for say for total of above Rs 2000.

Everyone hates shipping costs after all .
    Vikas Patial

Senior Member T-1000

Vikas,

Are you opening a registered firm, or is it something you are running on the side from your home?

If its a registered firm, you can get into contracts with courier companies and they give you seriously low prices, often at half of what they charge retails customers. We send out our price lists that weight about 200g through Professional Courier at Rs 15, north India and Rs 20, rest. I'm sure they'd take about Rs. 25-40 otherwise. We have a similar deal with TrackOn couriers.

Point is, if you can negotiate with the sales-exec of the courier company, they'll give you a very good price. Just assure a certain quantum of business and they'll fall over the place in giving you offers. At least, that's how it is here in Agra.

Express Parcel Post is another service that comes from India Post. The best part is you don't need any documentation for sending packages. However, being sarkari customer service sucks big time, naturally.

The best IMO in your case is Speed Post. Fast and efficient, very little chances of wrong-delivery and lost-in-transit cases. And you can track shipments.
    See:
    http://www.indiapost.gov.in/Netscape/SpeedPost.html

How are you planning to package your stuff? Wrap in antistatic bags, then foam, cardboard boxes... how?

More questions later.
    --
    Mohit Mahajan,
    www.BioZen.co.in

Blog Entries

Yep am planning to register a company . But it might take some time, as ill have to hire a CA and show commercial address.

Volumes i dont have an idea about till i dont start something.But yes within 2 - 3 weeks of start ill have an Idea,so maybe talk to some company guys.

Packaging i was planning to give things in Regular Plastic Boxes inside envelopes for now , They are reusable and things remain safe in them.And they give a good impression .

Ill look indian postal service also , but cant really say as they have lost my stuff before.
    Vikas Patial

Not that these things apply in your case. We know you and that you have zero margin.

One thing I hate the most on these sites apart from the ridiculous prices is that when I click on "contact us" to ensure that they really exist, it instead opens up a page asking me for MY contact details :-). Though fortunately their address is also usually available at some place.

So the idea is to not treat the customer as the guinea pig but to let him have the supreme control.

Its so much better that the site give a phone number that someone WILL pickup. Extra mile is to name the person who will pick it up.

Also, option of cash on delivery is a good idea too. Shipping with tracking even if at an extra cost is a desired thing as well.

On documentation front, I hate that even though these shops copy the product itself, they re brand it so bad that resources cant be found anymore for that thing. So its better to share that the thing be sold is same/compatible with the so-n-so thing.

However, to me, the key to success seems to be in comprehensiveness. India really really needs a site that sells a LOT of things. OR to sell only things which are not easily/cheaply available in LRM.

Would be good to have a place in the website where people can express desires on what they would like to see being sold.

Best of Luck Vikas !!!

May the Gods help you bring thousands of Indians out of the denial regime.

1) Thinks I hate most with online roboshopping is when they do not provide option for payment through netbanking or payment of cash on delivery, Instead they ask to deposit the cheque in their accont, BANK is the last place any roboteer would want to go.

2) One other is thing is not giving the exact same product which is shown in the Image on the site, Let me describe one of my experience.I was looking for two small light weight castors for my micromouse, although I had regular goli castors, I wanted something smallar and lighter. I saw small castor on the roboshop website(the one with the brass kind of coating), and I ordered 3 pieces for 35 Rs/piece , so they charged me (Rs 105 for the product ) and 200 Rs for the shipping (you are right vikas shippping charges sucks !!!!). I Received the product and opened it only to discover that they were the same castors which I already had and not the one that was displayed on their site, I ended up paying 305 Rs for the 3 castors which I had bought for 15 Rs from a local furniture shop.(That was the first and last time i ordered anything from them).

Junior Member Newbie

1. I ordered some components from robokits. When recieved, there 3-4 pages along with it showing the components bought along with prices but none of them was a proper bill( w/o TIN no.). I hadt o call back to tell them to send a bill. I think that doesn't happens with you Vikas.

2. There should be option on website for adding items to cart and payment through net-banking. What I don't like is often sites ask to email them the screen shot of the payment. Instead there should be link on site that redirects to the appropriate bank site for payment like while making payment to irctc.co.in through net banking.

3. The processing time of the order should be extremely fast. For shipping charges, two modes can be kept. More charges if you want delivery very fast and less charges for normal delivery.

4. With every order, there should be a space where customer can add comments regarding particular components.

5. Every product on site must have detailed information and provision for query.

1. Free shipping is not a big problem really you can make a deal with courier services they will give you up to 80% discount on normal pricing depending on monthly commitment. I prefer Aramex they ship in less than 24 hours (metros) and 48hrs max.I use Shop and Ship service to ship my items from US and UK additionally you can insure all your items. Same with DTDC though they are not so professional like Aramex but you can reach almost any place by DTDC and there cargo prices (>1Kg) are reasonable. IndiaPost is good for small and cheap items.

2.Payment gateway is one which you should look in to . I prefer EBS there setup fee is less as well as TDR when compared to CCAvenue. EBS pricing is negotiable just send them your requirements or call them. I really don't prefer CCAvenue though it has many payment methods like Mobile and SMS and even IVRS almost all methods are crappy including web based one I never completed a payment successfully with there gateway. If you look in to facebook pages of www (dot) freerecharge (dot) in you can see many complaints about refunds and many other failures same with all users . In 95% of the cases EBS will do good they accept almost all netbanking,debit and credit cards. When you talk to EBS ask them to send everything in email including the new pricing and other things.

3.For shopping cart if you have investment please try some powerful carts like cs-cart www (dot) cs-cart (dot) com it has lots of features including custom configurator, Gift vouchers and automates almost all your work it creates ready made Printable invoices clearly indicating the item numbers and even Serial numbers if you wish . It can even generate a bar-code for each order also Pay slip is a very good feature you can simply print it which can be made in to two pieces one contains shipping address and other part is bill with bar-code.Reseller Pricing is less so go with a US/UK Reseller.I think you can integrate Payment gateway yourself it is very easy with EBS/CCAvenue you just need to post the cart values.

4.Finally about company registration . If you are going to start this with friends I advice you to go with LLP ( Limited Liability Partnership) it need at least two partners. It has some really good exceptions when compared to LTDs.
    Some of them are
    i)No Audit required if turnover less then 45Lakhs /annum .
    ii)No personal tax with the income from LLP in case of LTD you must pay company tax as well as your personal tax for the money you got form your company in case of LLP only company tax is liable and there is no personal tax to you or any of your partners for the money from company.
    iii) Your personal asserts are not asserts of company so they cannot be touched when something bad happens to company.

This is same like LLC in US/UK but with more flexibility for startups.Again no Audit required if your annual turnover is less than 45Lakhs (I heard that this limit will be increased to 65Lakhs ) refer to http://www.llp.gov.in

You doesn't really need a CA to register LLP it can be done online with your Identity proof and Address proof. You must get Designated Partners Identification Number (DPIN) and DSC(Digital Signature Certificate) from Govt. authorized companies DSCs are usually shipped in USB tokens which can be used to encrypt emails (don't ask me how because I don't know how they work but I just use them )and others they are valid for 2 Years.Depending on the contribution the total stamp duty and fee varies you can check them on Govt. LLP site. You have to fill Form-7 and Partner agreement and submit online with 6 different company names( you can check for existing names here http://www.mca.gov.in/DCAPortalWeb/d...perty&mode=16).Once the name is approved you will get your registration details in 7-10 days.

You can hire some one to do all this work your physical presence is not at all required.there are companies like Veracity (www (dot) veracitylegal (dot) com) they will do all the work including two certificates on two USB tokens another famous company is CompaniesInn (www (dot) companiesinn (dot) com ) there pricing is too heavy to me when compared to Veracity so I went with veracity they have done everything for me in 13 days I got all my documents and USB tokens by courier. My contribution amount is 1Lakh to 5Lakhs they charged me about 8900/- I just need to send two partner's details and company names nothing more than that. Go with a contribution amount less than 1Lakh it doesn't really matter and no one will care about it.

Hope all this things help for your future business. Wish you all the best.

PS:Sorry for my bad englih .

Regards
    Krishna