Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help help very silly problem

Default help help very silly problem

hello..
    another strange problem has come.

there are two circuits - 1st made by me, 2nd- development board purchased from vendor.
    Case 1 : when I put micrcontroller in 2nd board, give it +5V and GND from my circuit(1st board) and connect its(2nd boards) output pins to my board(1st), everythng works fine.
    Case 2 : Now I take out that same micrcontroller from 2nd board and put it in my board(1st). Now 1st board is not connected to 2nd board in anyway. Now the cicruit does not work.
    I have made the reset circuit and put the crystal also. I have attached the power up schematic kindly suggest corrections.
    In case 2 , when circuit is powered, I have measured voltage across
    pin20 - pin40 -5V
    pin 20- pin 31 -5V
    pin 20 -pin9 -0V
    Voltage are measured from pin side of micrcontroller and not solder side, so probability of loose solder is also ruled out. This is a very strange behaviour ..i could not understand .plz help out.

One thing not drawn in diagram is pin40 is +5V
    pin 20 is GND connected.

Senior Member T-1000

another strange problem has come.
    Since you have a strange way of writing about strange problems, I'll give you a strange solution...

What you should do is take another board - call it 3rd.
    Then connect pin 20 to pin 40.
    Also connect pin 12 to pin 23, pin 32 and pin 35.

Now take another IC (lets call it, IC1), connect transformer to it.
    Take one wire from transformer and connect to leg 1 of IC1, another wire from transformer and connect to leg 2 of IC and third wire to pin 1 of board.
    Two remaining wires of transformer can be connected to power.

Then take one resistor and connect it to pin 24 and leg 2 of IC1.
    And take one capacitor and connect it to pin 1 and 40 of 3rd board.
    Finally, since we should not leave out inductors (since they will feel bad), solder it between any even numbered pin greater than 4 and a prime numbered pin less than 23, f.e. pin 6 and pin 17.

Things are going to be stranger still!

Btw, if you have absolutely no idea what I'm taking about, its because none of us have about what you are.

Blog Entries

Awww....c'mon Mohit!!

You beat me to it, sure enough!

....but can you both tell me: can I connect pin9 to pin40 ??

ops:
    docel
    ^Anything is possible..
    after YOU prove it!!

http://bangalorerobotics.tripod.com

Senior Member T-1000

Quote Originally Posted by docel
    ....but can you both tell me: can I connect pin9 to pin40 ??
    It depends on what you had for dinner last night. :|

Senior Member T-1000
    Blog Entries

lol...

in case the rare chance that the OP come back to look at any reply to his post, and in case of the possibility that he doesnt understand what the replies are all about...

- it would be better to at leat mention which microcontroller you are talking about, and it will be better to read the following link...

:twisted:
    http://www.roboticsindia.com/modules...ewtopic&t=3350

yes, posts like this coupled with the replies like that from mohit, makes up for a bad day, at times .. ROTFL.
    .... I didnt do it ! ....

Senior Member T-1000

Quote Originally Posted by allbits
    - it would be better to at leat mention which microcontroller you are talking about
    Its a relatively recent, state-of-the-art 1-bit microcontroller developed at the electronics department in MIT (that's Moradabad Institute of Technology for the uninformed). It clocks 4 gazillion instructions per second and runs from 220VAC direct. Other details are sketchy so far.
    --
    Mohit Mahajan,
    www.BioZen.co.in

Blog Entries

wow I need to make this thread a sticky.. this is hilarious..

Rao

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MohitM
    Its a relatively recent, state-of-the-art 1-bit microcontroller developed at the electronics department in MIT (that's Moradabad Institute of Technology for the uninformed). It clocks 4 gazillion instructions per second and runs from 220VAC direct. Other details are sketchy so far.
    does any one know where I can get this Ic made by MohitM from MIT ? I want the full complete circuit diagrams with the schematics. also please please send complete components and tell me what microcontroller I must use and how. Any ready code for this available on the ARP plateform.
    It says works on 220v, but I have only 190-210v. Where can I get 220VAC direct and what is the cost?
    I want more than 1 but mohitm has only 1 microcontroller which I can get it from him. Where can I get more number of the bits?
    It will be nice if robotics india or vikas brings it as a arp kit to work with arduiuno.

PLS HELP !
    docel
    ^Anything is possible..
    after YOU prove it!!

Senior Member T-1000

Quote Originally Posted by docel
    Quote Originally Posted by MohitM
    does any one know where I can get this Ic made by MohitM from MIT ? I want the full complete circuit diagrams with the schematics. also please please send complete components and tell me what microcontroller I must use and how. Any ready code for this available on the ARP plateform.
    It says works on 220v, but I have only 190-210v. Where can I get 220VAC direct and what is the cost?
    I want more than 1 but mohitm has only 1 microcontroller which I can get it from him. Where can I get more number of the bits?
    It will be nice if robotics india or vikas brings it as a arp kit to work with arduiuno.

PLS HELP !
    Docel,

I would've have but you forgot to add:
    "Its urgent!!! I need to submit my final year project today evening, so you better since I'm doing you a favour asking for your help, or else I'll shoot you in the foot."

Btw, I did not the develop the microcontroller... The nation's finest did it at MIT. And they are not giving it any Amar, Akbar or Anthony... Only really desperate students on urgent deadlines. Mind it!
    --
    Mohit Mahajan,
    www.BioZen.co.in

Blog Entries

Aw, c'mon now Mohit...sorry that it was a lighthearted thing. Sorry, forgot to put in the smileys too.

Actually, the ops deadline was the afternoon & not evening, I think it was a sunday too, but have forgotten...

Good luck & best wishes for your new Microcontroller !! I sure do hope it sells fine & becomes a hit !!

( beg your pardon if my reply is inappropriate- I couldnt read your last post of this thread at all and hence I'm unaware of your desire/advise. My glasses are broken, are on order & will be delivered only next year, due to the Global recession, the economic melt-down & the Climate change).
    Last edited by docel; 12-28-2009 at 12:30 AM.
    docel
    ^Anything is possible..
    after YOU prove it!!