Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Experience with Make My Hobby

Default Experience with Make My Hobby

Hi,

Anybody here have ordered stuff from makemyhobby.com?

I have ordered some items (Rs 523) and paid through a netbanking transfer to the specified account - that was on 6/Sep/2009. Today I get an email from them saying that they haven't received the payment yet. I've checked my bank statement online and called up the bank - both sources confirm the debit to the makemyhobby.com a/c (Corporation Bank in HYD). The bank will be emailing a verified document confirming the transfer in a couple of days. I've written back to makemyhobby.com and am awaiting their response. Will update as soon as I get something from them. Funny thing is that they dont have a phone number. You can either contact them thru the 'Contact Me' section on their website or thru Chat - which I've always seen to be Offline.

I dont mean to raise a stink right away but just starting to get worried now, especially after reading through some other online forums. Not much else on them on the web yet.

Thanks,
    sushmair.

Senior Member T-1000

They probably don't have the stuff in stock and a legitimate excuse for not sending it to you. You probably will get it but late.
    --
    Mohit Mahajan,
    www.BioZen.co.in

@MohitM, I fail to see how is that related to the reason they gave me. They are two completely disconnected statements...

Senior Member T-1000

The day they are ready to dispatch, they will acknowledge that they have received payment and it was the error of their bankers that led them to believe the payment wasn't deposited in their account all this while. And therefore they did not ship.

Happened to me once!

Btw, it looks an amatuerish site, how could you bring yourself to buy from them? And what did you buy from them - guinea pigs?
    --
    Mohit Mahajan,
    www.BioZen.co.in

Blog Entries

The vendor is with no phone and such a shoddy website.
    You should have been more cautious. But i think he might deliver later on.
    Vikas Patial

Member Advanced User

Yes the problem could very well be with the store.

But I wanted to share something....maybe the experienced members can tell something......

I once placed an order with robokits.co.in on a saturday ( I think it was 9th may ,2009) and transferred money via NEFT
    A week later , when my order status wasn't updated, i called them and they said they havn't received the amount,even though my State bank of patiala account shows the amount deducted

Eventually they canceled my order.I registered an online complaint but no word yet from the Bank. My account stands debited of Rs.2200 :-(

I guess i should've gone to their office and complained in person.......

Default RE:Experience of Make My Hobby (makemyhobby.com)

@vikas,

Yes, the site did look suspicious to me - however, in this case, I didn't exercise as much caution as I usually do - probably because I was in a hurry. Me being a information security professional that's last thing I should have fallen for!

@kp_chd,
    sorry to hear abt ur experience. I would think robokits.co.in would be a safe bet. I had contacted them long back (~2 yrs) with some queries and they were very helpful (I didn't actually buy anything).

Interestingly, if anyone knows - does a NEFT transfer go thru immediately on a weekend? Some banks don't allow a NEFT transfer outside a small window on weekends and others seem to queue up requests.

An update on my order on makemyhobby.com - today morning I just saw my order status updated to 'Lead time' & a shipping estimate for 'next week'. Will keep you guys posted on the progress. BTW, late last night I was up with my Sanguino (procured from Bhasha.cc in Pune - good people to shop with) and just thought of checking makemyhobby. I saw that agents were available to chat with, but surprise surprise as soon as I filled in my details and clicked on Chat Now - the status went away to offline.

Rgds,
    sushmair.

Default Re: RE:Experience of Make My Hobby (makemyhobby.com)

Slightly off topic but this thread raises an idea that Robotics India site could well have a page for blacklisted companies.

With that in place, people like sushmair could threaten the site saying "if you dont get your act together, I am going to get you blacklisted in the robotics community of India".

Quote Originally Posted by sushmair
    Me being a information security professional ...
    What a coincidence :-). would love to hear which company you are in

Blog Entries

Well I too work in Security , More of the development side though.

I prefer Paypal for all this, They almost always refund the money if they find the merchant has caused any problem. Paypal is consumer friendly. Though it works against you when acting as a merchant.
    Vikas Patial

Quote Originally Posted by vikas
    Well I too work in Security
    Hmmm .... I did have a feeling that people in these field are the most 'velle bande' today I can bet on it