Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Experience with Make My Hobby

Lol... ... velle or not here comes an update on makemyhobby: y'day my order status changed to 'Processing' and a comment go added which says 'handed over for shipping'. I am almost beginning to think that the order status changes to match the cadence of my updates here.

I used to work in the development side too, and now have graduated to a more technical individual contributor type of role.

Rgds,
    sushmair.

Quote Originally Posted by sushmair
    I used to work in the development side too, and now have graduated to a more technical individual contributor type of role.
    sushmair.
    wondering how the two are different.

Senior Member T-1000

saw my order status updated to 'Lead time' & a shipping estimate for 'next week'.
    y'day my order status changed to 'Processing' and a comment go added which says 'handed over for shipping'.
    Seems to me they've implemented ERP software from SAP or BAAN. These kinds of order status depictions happen in ERP. :lol: They must've used up all their money in the implementation and have nothing left for a telephone connection. :wink:
    --
    Mohit Mahajan,
    www.BioZen.co.in

@pkshima,
    an individual contributor is typically expected to come up with & drive product related work by himself / herself...could be applied to dev, qa or more strategic

hmmm thats interesting. Most of the companies I know of use the term individual contributor for someone who is (just another) member of the team as opposed to tech leads, architects, project leads and managers.

Update on my order at makemyhobby: I got an email today morning saying it is dispatched, giving a DTDC consignment number. DTDC traker shows it enroute - should arrive on Mon / Tue...

Rgds,
    sushmair.

Received all the items - today noon...

-sushmair.

Was Googling online for other experiences from this site and found this thread. Looks like they screw up a lot of orders. I'm an aquarium enthusiast and had a terrible experience with them:

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/co...=169496#169496

Not only did they send me dead plants but missed items all together. I had a pending order with them and escalated it to Paypal and got my money back. But for the missing items, no update from them at all.