Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6DOF Robot Made in India

beautiful movements good one .. what are the kind of end effectors are you planning to incorporate?
    cheers
    a7400
    www.robo.in

Member User
    Blog Entries

@ice / a7400: Thanks for the encouragement guys! Yes we need to put up the specs ... will do it soon. We have deliberately kept a standard flange at the end so that different kinds of ee can be snapped on to it. At the moment we have grippers and some marking devices.
    But do shoot in some ideas -- we could really use some!

@docel -- Thanks a tonne for all the advice!

We agree that the control movements -esp at start and stop need better smoothing to remove the jerks

We have tried P2P motions with 1kg payload -- works ok. There ARE errors especially since we do not have a good calibration technique (The industrial ones are too expensive for us now)

The robot is not built for industry at the moment but for research and education where students / researchers can build applications with such systems. At the moment these robots are usually imported and hence have huge costs (also maintenance).

For industry, we will surely need to joints to be more robust. However the chassis is not sheet metal we are using 6mm thick steel plates. They kept well with loads during stress analysis

Do let us know about the industrial standards and the robots which did not make it -- we do not want to be one of them for sure!

Thanks again for the tips! Do keep in touch

Cheers
    Abheek

Default project

Hi,
    I have once attended the session regarding to robotics,i found interested and i want to do some project regarding to robotics,basically i am from IT field....so any one suggest me if any nice site is there where i can find all information related to robotics.

Really Good!!!
    Redefine it your way!!!!

Junior Member Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by akb1980 View Post
    There are 3 different levels of control

at the top level we give a desired cartesian (x,y,z, roll, pitch, yaw) velocity
    this gets converted to joint velocities using inverse jacobians (matrix stuff) and this in turn is controlled using a PID to control the motors
    Very impressive my friend!