Thread: 4 rotor vertical takeoff helicopter.....

Hybrid View

Default 4 rotor vertical takeoff helicopter.....

guys i am building a 4 rotor helicopter(quadcopter) capable of vertical landing and take off......
    plz help me guys with the details abt brushless motors and its ESC and transmitter and receiver ckts....and where i can get these components in Mumbai?.....
    if someone has experience in this plz help...

Senior Member T-1000

If you are more adventurous, you can make one with the arduino. However I must warn you that it's price sensitive in terms of parts.
    http://www.aeroquad.info/bin/view/Ma...structions_v11

Instead of the CF rods used, you can use wood. I'm not sure balsa will be able to take the weight though.

You will need:
    4x motors(brushless)
    4x matching ESCs
    1x Lithium Polymer batttery
    1x receiver for your transmitter

Your receiver/transmitter pair can be bought from Indian hobby shops. I have the 6EXA TX.

If you have someone in the US and is coming down, that will be the most cost effective way to get parts. I can give you links to parts from shops such as hobbycity.

There is also something known as a tricopter. I'm not sure if this needs a controller like a quad. There are three arms with props and one of them is held on a servo to provide "yaw"
    I haven't researched this alot. Look in the multi-rotor group to get an idea:
    http://www.rcgroups.com/multi-rotor-helis-200/

thnx buddy for replying....how much yours 6EXA TX costs?...i am trying to use cd rom motor as my brushless outrunner......my budget is around 10K so is it possible ?.....

Senior Member T-1000

Mine is 5 years old. I got it for around 7.5k.
    No, you will go over $10k.

is it possible to build quadcopter without gyros?..coz gyros itself cost around 5-7K. n what if i make my own TX n RX?...

Blog Entries

Here u can get a gyro

http://feemo.in/store/gyro-board-lis...300-degreesec/ ( Rs 1500 )

While Robkits is selling a Gyro with lesser deg /sec for Rs 4500 .

Same feemo site is also offering accelerometers < Rs 1000 .

Also when building anything which flies you need to have a good budget , unless ur already very experienced with such stuff.
    Vikas Patial

Senior Member T-1000

Also when building anything which flies you need to have a good budget , unless ur already very experienced with such stuff.
    Agreed.. Just sit down and list all the costs + learning. If you do not have experience, you will find it frustrating and eventually loose interest and money. Also note, that this is prone to crashing as you learn making you spend for more parts.

Remember you can also get kits( search for Mikrocopter).
    Not to discourage you, but take care before you buy anything. It is unfortunate that we are not able to get things as easily as the people in other parts of the world, but that makes us to think innovatively and it has surely helped me.

hat if i make my own TX n RX
    You can try zigbees with a 1 mile range. They cost 1500Rs each. But then you will have to code alot. Try looking at Indian Hobby Forums in the Buy/Sell section for airplane radios.

thanx for helping guys...ill definitely consider you suggestions ...