Thread: Volume Measurement System

Default Volume Measurement System

Hello Friends,
    I am building a juice vending machine . I want it to exactly vend 200 ml , 250 ml ,500 ml or anyother volume that is planned to be sold. Please help me with with a system for this . Also please mention if any commercial systems are available for this purpose.

Also if someone knows where to source plastic solenoid valves in small quantities please mention here . I have contacted a few companies they only give away a minimum no of pieces in multiples of 100's .

Senior Member T-1000

Default Re: Volume Measurement System

Is this a commercial project/product?

We do a similar thing using peristaltic pumps. Very hygienic and accurate. Do a search on these and let me know if you are interested in exploring this means of liquid dispensing.

Hi Mohit,
    Its a prototype that we are building. Still a long way to make it commercial.
    I am searching for cheap volume measurement systems. I did a search on peristaltic pumps and found OEM pumps with 24 volt geared DC motors are the cheapest one available. If you have any other better systems please tell me .

The speed that I want it to operate is to fill up 200 ml glass in 5 - 10 seconds .

Senior Member T-1000

Quote Originally Posted by robonics
    I am searching for cheap volume measurement systems.
    You'll have to define "cheap". Give me a figure.

I did a search on peristaltic pumps and found OEM pumps with 24 volt geared DC motors are the cheapest one available.
    Those are the ones.

Hi all,
    I don't know what type of solenoids you want but i got solenoids without any problem.I was planning of making an automatic wash basin to wash hands without physical movement for opening taps but unfortunately i didn't make it.I bought two solendoids one was a small one for 400 & other for 850.The cheaper has a small output hole so a alot water cannot flow this was the reason i didn't chose this for the project.I got the small one from a car shop.I asked him for the solenoid which gets attached to the vaccum pump,when the car AC is switched on this increase the speed.The bigger one was ideal for me.I think you'll be needing the bigger one.Definately by tommorow i'll tell the cost,availability,specifaications & pics if possible.

Regards Akshay,
    Redefine it your way!!!!

@Mohit,
    The one I enquired in Chennai from a manufacturer. He recommended for OEM type pumps with flow rates of 60 L / hr .. He quoted 10k for it ..
    How ever asked my friend for some idea who is into embedded systems development . It seems his friend was into making pepsi vending machine manufacturing business a couple of years ago it used the same peristaltic pump for vending .. The total cost of the machine is 7 k ..

So the actual cost of the pump must be much cheaper ..

@Akshay
    I need either a 24V dc or 12v dc operated solenoid valve .. I found a shop where the plastic ones are available in Chennai .. They cost 600 bucks ..
    This is the one
    http://img.tradeindia.com/fp/0/175/966.jpg

Hi all,
    Its a 12v solenoid.Its of the same shape but a large size & is plastic.The input valve has 1.5 inch diameter & output 0.75inch diameter.It works pretty well.I got it for 850.

Regards Akshay,
    Redefine it your way!!!!

Default there are two option

1) use a solenoid valve used in water purifier like aquaguad etc. they cost about 150Rs when u buy single pieces.

2) use windshield washer pump dont think it would be very hygenic but it a good pump.

A nice peice of advice.I think these solendoids can be used as they are cheap & work well.Can you please tell me more about the pressure they can handle??

Regards Akshay,
    Redefine it your way!!!!

@Akshay
    Thank you for your solution ..I will try with that valve ...

I also want to add a counter to the vending machine so that at the
    end of the day the number of glasses sold can found out .
    It should also have memory so when it is switched off and on
    the next day it should be able to remember the count. If you know
    any commercial ones please let me know (saves some times researching )