Thread: Biometric fingerprint recognition using DSP processors

Hybrid View

Junior Member Newbie

Default Biometric fingerprint recognition using DSP processors

Hey guys! I am planning to develop a general purpose embedded system for fingerprint recognition using a DSP processor.
    Has anyone worked with a DSP processor? Can you suggest me which company's processor should I buy? Texas instruments or Analog devices or any other? What compiler/IDE to be used for the same?
    Please if anyone has any experience regarding DSP processors...help!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Member Advanced User

Ummmm.....what kind of sensor do you plan to use ? A camera ?

(Sorry, i don't know about DSPs but was curious about your choice of sensor , & whether it would be easily available. )

P.s.- a lot of fingerprint sensors sold online (like at sunrom) have a blackfin.

Blog Entries

You can look into Blackfin / OMAP processors they have DSP's and should have enough capability to run most of the stuff you want.Also are easy to start with.

You can order Beagleboard from the US or get it from some vendor locally. I have personally worked on Beagleboard and its quite easy to start with so you can give it a try.

http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/pro...oducts_id=9444

There are some local vendors too which sell it for about 9k+ .
    Vikas Patial

Senior Member T-1000

Default Re: Biometric fingerprint recognition using DSP processors

Quote Originally Posted by ruddin
    Hey guys! I am planning to develop a general purpose embedded system for fingerprint recognition using a DSP processor.
    Has anyone worked with a DSP processor? Can you suggest me which company's processor should I buy? Texas instruments or Analog devices or any other? What compiler/IDE to be used for the same?
    Please if anyone has any experience regarding DSP processors...help!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:
    Maybe a dsPIC from Microchip.
    --
    Mohit Mahajan,
    www.BioZen.co.in