Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Face detection

Sorry to ask but I'm kind of new to this field as you might have guessed already.. What is "a priority based pattern "?

@diffthinkr: You should read those papers for the details, but in a nutshell, it means you look for the objects in regions of higher priority. Basically, say if you know your object is located at a point, then in the next frame you search around that point first, then further and so on. This saves precious processing time.

Regards,

Debu

Thanks debu, for explaining the concept.Now that I have a couple of papers at hand, I've to go through them again and get all the info I can.

Also, Please tell me if the Atmega(16/32/...) can interface with usb webcams. I am a bit confused with the info that I have. Also do any of them have enough memory to say and process more than 10kb of data?

Thank you.

@diffthinkr: No, the ATMega32 cannot interface with a USB webcam. You could use an S-Video or composite video output camera, or a camera module which gives out digital signals.

No, as such the AVRs don't have sufficient memory to process a 10kb image. Like I mentioned before, consider breaking the image into regions and perform some kind of demand paging.

Regards,

Debu

Blog Entries

U need to get a decent uController to do anything worthwhile.

Look into 32 bit controller .

Also to interface a webcam to a UC you need something with USB host ... Look into OMAP or PIC32 if you are on a budget.
    Vikas Patial

@Vikas could you tell me how much they would cost approx and any good version that I could use and get easily?