Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opening up a new Robotics club at my institute

Senior Member Android

Default Opening up a new Robotics club at my institute

hi all
    my institute has finally established the Robotics Club . We have named it as The Robotics And Innovation Club.
    I need your suggestions for following problems/improvements:
    1. Raising funds.
    2. Workshop-- if we teach everyone everything that we know, then how willl the clb survive next year??
    3. How to attract more and more students to become members.
    4. How to send teams in different institutes in the name of TRAIC.
    5. How to teach students.... ......

all suggestions are welcomed
    Last edited by samurai_01; 08-07-2012 at 02:53 AM.

Senior Member T-1000

if we teach everyone everything, then how willl the clb survive next year??
    Ohhhhhhhhhhh...............

"EVERYTHING", use this word very carefully man !

Robotics is a very vast and evolving field but yet in its child stage.

If you can teach everything i would like to pay a 100 million to receive your kind education in robotics.

:P
    Avinash Gupta
    www.eXtremeElectronics.co.in

Nothing stops ever.
    Have you stopped learning new things in your life?

Even if you feel you will cover "everything" in robotics then still there is a scope for new methods, controllers, drives & cost effective tools on offering.

We live on earth, which evolves everyday and nothing ends up anytime.
    8051, AVR, PIC Development Boards & Programmers and much more starts from Rs. 10 onwards @ www.deccanrobots.com

Senior Member Android

if you have attended any workshop of professional company(say TRI for instance) i think its a good way of teaching... so can someone tell me is there any cheap robotics module available that could be sold at a reasonable price and a little profit that is gathered can be used to fund the club??

Profit=funds required TO RUN THE CLUB SO THAT WE CAN STOP ASKING OUR PARENTS FOR MONEY...
    Last edited by samurai_01; 08-07-2012 at 02:51 AM.

Have a look at this page:
    http://deccanrobots.com/ListProducts...Hobby-Robotics

It lists many such small modules and currently used by many robotics clubs in India

Ask for quantity discount.
    8051, AVR, PIC Development Boards & Programmers and much more starts from Rs. 10 onwards @ www.deccanrobots.com

Senior Member T-1000

You should also talk like a engineer not a businessman. U should be glad AND not worried that no one attend the next session. Coz they would have known "everything" about robotics.

If I were you in your place I would be worried about that I would die first before covering any thing near to "everything"

When I saw the Robotics event in Japan. The "skipping" and dancing Humanoids robots. I felt like I know nothing about robotics yet!

I have yet not seen anything like that in India. Please don't take it the other way that I am Comparing India and Japan. I just wanted to tell their is a LONG way to go. And you are worried that the PATH is too short and you will cover it very soon.
    8)
    Avinash Gupta
    www.eXtremeElectronics.co.in

@Avinash
    :P

Nice one Avinash

Don't worry samurai, if your college is standing and students keep joining it, and if you make a good impression, you sure can expect new enrollments.

If you are good at the field,.. show of your skill with a biped robot or something attractive rather than a line follower or a micro mouse.

and for the last question... if you have any stuff inside you and have audience.. you can do it good.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by samurai_01
    that is ridiculous that you were not able to collect the right meaning from the question.
    everything means what ever experience that we have in this field.... if "everything" is taught at once then who would need a club dear???
    its very unfortunate that you misinterpreted the simple question i posted...
    It is NOT Engineering to post a query that can be misunderstood or misinterpreted.

instead of posting such pointless comments i would have welcomed some positive to the point answers for the question. I did not seek opinion abt the question, [b]please lets talk like engineers and not lawyers.[/]
    I wish you could follow your own words.... Please set an example and edit your 1st post appropriately. Write what you DO mean instead of expecting others to read whats in your mind. No one has the time for it.

and a little profit that is gathered can be used to fund the club??
    Now , this IS a business point of view, and the reply by the member was correct.

It will be better if you showed some clarity and sense in the thread instead of typing flaming sentences.

Better still, please post the edited , universally understandable Engineers' version in a new thread, so that I can delete this unreasonable Lawyers thread.
    docel
    ^Anything is possible..
    after YOU prove it!!

http://bangalorerobotics.tripod.com

Now that the thread is already off topic, Let me post my 2 cents as well...

Its a pity that this forum has come to this stage where everyone is trying to show each other down. As you can see, I am a part of it now.

Its been a long time since I saw a question being answered properly here.
    Every question gets answered with off topic preachings. We all just love to showcase our knowledge of Forum Ethics. How easily we forget that it applies first to oneself and then to others.

Here the OP just posted a question. I didnt get to see the controversial part but common guys, is even one of the replies even closer to what could even be considered an answer ? Is it so difficult to say "I dont know" or better still not say anything at all.

I am sure this hostile behaviour has had its toll in keeping RI from achieving its full potential.

Probably the only thing we use RI now is to find where to buy stuff from in India. Though I personally love the Articles section as well. I learnt a lot from them.

On the positive side I can say that this issue isnt a serious one because a country specific forum anywhere in the world is bound to be used that way.

Now that my turn is over, someone else can take the next turn in this never lasting Indian game of "abusing each other".