Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chassis for a Floor cleaner (vacuum) Robot

Junior Member Newbie

Default Chassis for a Floor cleaner (vacuum) Robot

Folks,

I am looking for a Chassis for the floor cleaner Robot, it will be great if somebody can give me the address to buy such chassis dealers in india
    (preferably Bangalore)

Guys, please have a look at the link below,
    I am looking for a chassis something like ( need not be the exact replica) this locally
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCWeG3p5KJA

-Shrikant

Blog Entries

Buy a roomba and use its chassis it that simple .

Trying to comeup with your own rugged chassis is anyday more expensive than hacking something.
    Vikas Patial

Junior Member Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by vikas
    Buy a roomba and use its chassis it that simple .

Trying to comeup with your own rugged chassis is anyday more expensive than hacking something.
    Yes it a simple suggestion, idea is not to HACK the design, there is a reason why I am looking something like this locally. If somebody can give me the address of CHASSIS manufacturing vendors that will be great.

idea is not to HACK the design, there is a reason why I am looking something like this locally
    What is that simple reason??

Regards Akshay,
    Redefine it your way!!!!

Junior Member Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by akshay66
    What is that simple reason??

Regards Akshay,
    reason lies in your signature :lol: , Jokes apart ROOMBA is very costly, not available in india so shipping is going to be an additional overhead.
    Please give some suggestions I am stucked :?:
    Best Regards,
    Shrikant

Hi all,
    What you can do is find a workshop in your city which does all kinds of metal cutting and all,It would be better if you could find metal almirah makers.Show them the design and explain them.I think they'll do you work but it will be costly.If the chassis is only a single metal sheet them print your design on a normal paper & explain him where to drill and were to cut.

Regards Akshay,
    Redefine it your way!!!!

Junior Member Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by akshay66
    Hi all,
    What you can do is find a workshop in your city which does all kinds of metal cutting and all,It would be better if you could find metal almirah makers.Show them the design and explain them.I think they'll do you work but it will be costly.If the chassis is only a single metal sheet them print your design on a normal paper & explain him where to drill and were to cut.

Regards Akshay,
    Thanks for your suggestion, if someone is knowing the such workshops in BANGALORE, then please post it.
    Best Regards,
    Shrikant

Blog Entries

....are you trying to Duplicate a Patented Roomba ? Shocked

& you're asking members to help you violate the Patent on a public Forum?
    __________________________________________________ _____________
    If you do not specify what youre going to do, then it is a violation of the concerned patent. A public post remains under experimentation as far as it is discussed actively in public. Secret projects automatically mean Copyright violation. Please state your reasons and plans clearly or this thread will be deleted without notice.
    docel
    ^Anything is possible..
    after YOU prove it!!

http://bangalorerobotics.tripod.com

Blog Entries

Let us hope that the internal mechanisms and electronics are different. I wouldn't bother about the shape of the robot, it might as well be the same shape as roomba.. the wheel is circular and I wouldnt make it any other way as I know that it is the best possible shape for the given task. I would add grooves or stripes depending upon my requirements (off road, smooth terrain).

I hope you get my point.

Rao

Junior Member Newbie

Docel's concern is genuine,the way in which posts got propagated it created the wrong impression again intension was not to do so.

I am looking to construct a ROBOT(hobby project) which cleans the floor. I am not going to put the BATTERY in the ROBOT to reduce maintenance so obviously it will not be very intelligent and will be operated under human supervision(as there going to be an wire always hooked to it) or I may give the directions to it using a Joystick.
    I will be using a ATMEGA16 controller(As I have the Devlopment and debugging environment with me)

Disclaimer:
    1.Neither Chassis, nor design will not be copy of any Commercial ROBOT.
    2.I would prefer an Aluminium chassis
    3.No plans to commercialize the project by any means.
    4.Link given in the first post is just to showcase the use of robot for floor cleaning.
    Best Regards,
    Shrikant