Thread: intercommunication between robots

Default intercommunication between robots

hi am going to make intercommunication between robots but am searching for a good application..other than lifting an object...so could you suggest me some applications for the same??

Blog Entries

If you have already worked on intercommunication then all is good.. but if this is your first project, I would suggest a follow the leader project first, where the first one just randomly goes around, maybe avoiding obstacles and the other one just follows the first one.

If you have prior experience, then come up with a real life problem that multiple robots can be used to solve. I know this isnt much of advice but.. it would be helpful if you can explain what you meant when you said "other than lifting and object".

wat i mean is..when i searched about communication between robots in net...i could find.. the only application that is mainly stressed is robots communicating and lifting an object..i want to do other applications...that y ive mentioned this..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by badz
    wat i mean is..when i searched about communication between robots in net...i could find.. the only application that is mainly stressed is robots communicating and lifting an object..i want to do other applications...that y ive mentioned this..
    I am not sure how I am supposed to reply to that. If you dont have enough time to clearly type your problem, then I dont have enough time to decode your cryptic excuse for english and vague problem.

Rao

very sorry for my language sir. When i googled regarding application communication between robots many stressed about two robots communicating and lifting an object together..i wanted to do other applications using this communication between robots.. can you give some??

once again my apologies for my language.

Blog Entries

I don't want to be a Grammar Nazi but I can't run away from being one either. As Far as your problem is concerned. Search for Cooperative Robotics and read some scientific papers. Also go thorough swarm robotics. Also how about one robot for recon (i.e. location mapping and information gathering) and the other robot uses the same data on the fly for performing a certain task.

Rao

Blog Entries

You cannot plan to make something without a complete and clear understanding of the basic necessities for a given task.

Inter-communicating robots' application is left to ones imagination as there are 1000s of ways that they can benefit any area of public service. Most of these are research Robots or are already products that the makers are not not keen on advertising due to competition. They are either military in nature or are in different phases of research. These are closely guarded secrets, before they attain patents or have been sold as products to manufacturers.

The purpose of a Robot is to replace humans from hazardous jobs. There is nothing difficult in the manner and type of work involved where 2 or more intercommunicating robots can be utilised for special purposes.

Several intercommunicating Robots can be a part of a 'Snake' robot, for example, where all the individual Robots join together as a single robot in the beginning and then disperse as individual Robots with a specific purpose - for eg: War, Construction, Shipping, exploration, inspection, etc.,

Don't know what your search was on Google, but my search for intercommunicating robots brought up more than a lakh pages of diverse uses.......
    ( learn to Google meaningfully)
    Last edited by docel; 12-28-2009 at 01:31 AM. Reason: grammer
    docel
    ^Anything is possible..
    after YOU prove it!!

http://bangalorerobotics.tripod.com