Thread: Aqua-robot

Default Aqua-robot

Hi,i have just joined this forum.

I have to make a robot which can travel above the surface of the water & also have to pick up a ball & take it
    to the finishing line.
    What are the materials i should use so that i can support atleast 2 high rpm vegakit motors?
    I also have to fix a 10rpm motor to lift the ball.
    What should i use to make the motors waterproof?
    I have to make this bot for a tech-event held on 16th feb so i need help.please.

Which college???I made the same bot for Jaypee Institutes amphibious event.

Regards Akshay,
    Redefine it your way!!!!

well actualy i'm from pune & there's this tech event M-PULSE at modern college.so i need to know what to use coz wood will rot aftr some tym in water so i cnt find an alternative.plzzzz help.

You can use PVC sheets these are transparent & light weight.I'll give you a suggestion instead of motors for driving the bot use air pumps used in car engines or viper pumps used in cars with wipers for cleaning glass.If you are able to arrange for 2-4 pcs your bot will run mad!!!They are for Rs 200 to Rs400 & super fast.Make sure the pumps are 12v.For hitting use a 70 -100 rpm motor with high torque.for
    Redefine it your way!!!!

thnx akshay.i'll definitely try it.if u hav anymore suggestions plz do post them.thnx again.

regards gaurav.

If you can send me the link. I'll be able to tell more.
    Redefine it your way!!!!

http://www.mpulse2010.com/...this is the link to the site...after that go to the electrical dept. & search for aqua-race.....the track is not available currently.....i'll scan u the photo of the track 2mrw...