Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wireless robot

Default wireless robot

hi.this is gaurav..i'm a newbie...........

i want 2 construct a wireless remote for a robot & i hav absolutely no idea where to start from.........
    i need help...

You can go with either of the following 3 approaches...

1. IR based. just like the TV remote works. This needs a direct line of sight between the remote and bot.
    2. RF based 1. Use DTMF chips along with FM radio transmitter and receiver.
    3. Use RF modules with HT12D HT12E chips.

cud you pls explain about the 2nd approach in detail.for begginers like me its something nearly understandable....do we get any ckt of it on net ? pls do reply

Here you go ...

http://www.electronic-circuits-diagr...rolsckt5.shtml

Actually if you search the net you will find various designs around the same idea. So use google.

The concept is very simple, you convert 4 bit data to audio using chip UM91214 and transmit it using a FM transmiter.
    Do the opposite on the receiving end i.e. receive using a FM radio receiver and then convert the audio to 4 bit data using chip 8870.

Oh ok.I'll give it a try.Thank you

is it better to solder myself on pcb or get the ready made one for transmitter and reciever

Get the whole project done from someone else. Even get it operated from another person.Without trying, you want to get a ready made module for transmitter, receiver. What is the hurry,start off slowly, learn how to solder, and then gradually move on to bigger things.

ok ok i'll do it myself.i was a bit scared looking at the circuit

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shobhitkukreti View Post
    Get the whole project done from someone else. Even get it operated from another person.Without trying, you want to get a ready made module for transmitter, receiver. What is the hurry,start off slowly, learn how to solder, and then gradually move on to bigger things.
    That made me laugh.

Rao

Actually that was a good question.
    If I understand correct, you are worried about soldering the transmitter and receiver only.
    If so, then you are 100% right, getting radio circuits right is VERY difficult.

So better buy FM radio transmitter(Rs. 35) and receiver(Rs. 75) ready made. But make rest of the circuit yourself.