Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which Programmer should I buy???

Senior Member T-1000

@Shashak

Please speak like an Engineer when asking Engineering Questions. AVR Studio is a Large program, composed of several parts and plugins. Your questions seems very ambiguous. If you have sent same message to my email, I would have thrown it to the TRASH on first sight.
    Avinash Gupta
    www.eXtremeElectronics.co.in

Senior Member Cyborg

relax dude, i was just asking is your programmer STK500 compatible? Backdrop is i am using robokits 's usb programmer it works well with avr studio but only on xp not on vista. so i was just doing simple bussiness enquiry about your product. May be i COULD have buy from you, but i believe you are happy providing free stuffs.
    Anyways, i am cool with your response.
    Nikhil Chandra | Bangalore

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Senior Member T-1000

not compatible witg skt500 protocol. use our custom software for programming.

use Robokits programmer in HID mode under Vista. may be then it work.
    Avinash Gupta
    www.eXtremeElectronics.co.in

@avinash_g:
    My friend has successfull used your programmer with AVR studio. So yes, it can be used. (I will get you the steps today.)
    I personally use AVRDUDE.

Edit:
    He generates the HEX files from AvrSudio and then burns it with the GUI provided.
    Last edited by shaunakde; 03-03-2010 at 06:20 PM.
    Cheers,
    Shaunak.
    Feel free to PM/email me.

Visit me sometime @ http://shaunak.ws

As I wanted to build USB based programmer myself, I was was searching the net for a usb based programmer kit. I found that there are many items related to AVR/microcontroller are available on ebay.in
    On ebay.in I found a kit for AVR USB PROGRAMMER. I bought it for Rs.298/-
    Just search for avr or microcontrollers or pic on ebay.in and you'll find many items related to uC. Even buying on ebay is safe. Ofcourse that is my personal opinion.

Senior Member Cyborg

@vikas
    "..................Also @elcrom you dont need 10 pin FRC Cable connector ( which i dought ull have one lying around ) ..............."

i really can't get you. I think most of the programmer have in built Jtag and hence they have adopted 10 pin FRC Cable connector. But if you seethe avrs it is not required at all. You must need RFC connector ,crimping also same socket at evaluation board.

"............So you have it for about 100 bucks cheap at @elcrom . "

See I am not elcrom, I am aco partner in his work

Have you seen the column student discount of about 24% on the AVR Development Board of which undiscounted cost is anyway much much lesser than any other in range.
    Because the Moto behind start selling this boards is not to earn profit but to facilate the student who don't have enough money and still have urge to do something.
    Just go thru the diff type of board cost increament is only pure cost of components

I recommended the avnish's one because I am using it myself, but if you are getting the same programmer for cheaper then why not?

PS: But the standard FRC cable header is nice though.
    Cheers,
    Shaunak.
    Feel free to PM/email me.

Visit me sometime @ http://shaunak.ws

elcrom's programmer and avnish's programmer, both are same. now it is up to u which one to buy. also standard stk500 (or later) are quite expensive.
    also use winavr. u can program the controller from winavr itself after coding.
    Last edited by rahuljin; 03-03-2010 at 09:09 PM.
    the name is rahul