Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A very Good Site.

I dont know how you concluded that I took anything personally. On the contrary, perhaps I hurt your feelings. If so I am sorry. I just get brutally honest sometimes.

And sure I dont want you to prove anything to me. Just like I dont need a certificate from you to know that India will need a commercial model in place to trigger the chain of contributions.
    We are a Billion people, if everyone agreed to everyone else, there will be no color in the Land of Colors.
    In particular, I didnt want you or Vikas to list your contributions. I dont know why you guys felt the urge to do so.

BTW, thanks to all of us, I guess this thread can now be moved to chit-chat forum maybe ?

Blog Entries

Wink ....missed ALL the fun :(

Well well...well!!!!
    ....am off the Forum for a few days and everyones stabbing everyone else in the back, eh???

...tch tch tch!!!

( thought i was the only King Grouch around here..... )
    Last edited by docel; 03-04-2010 at 11:58 PM. Reason: calling myself names, for a change...
    docel
    ^Anything is possible..
    after YOU prove it!!

http://bangalorerobotics.tripod.com

lol docel nice one !

Just been playing holi .....
    Khoon ki Holi
    Last edited by pkshima; 03-05-2010 at 12:52 AM. Reason: adding filmi sensation

Blog Entries

hosh sambhaliye janaab!!
    Bhang to kuch jaasti ho sakta hai
    docel
    ^Anything is possible..
    after YOU prove it!!

http://bangalorerobotics.tripod.com

Senior Member T-1000

@Nivedita

@avinash_g: Instead of you asking Rao to post his projects, you post your knowledge in RI. I have seen only links from you going to your site.
    Yes I have my Own site which has lots of arranged tutorial, projects and codes completely free of cost. Thousands of people from all over the world visit it daily.

So when even some one in RI need that same info I link to my site. I think it is much better than posting a small (and incomplete) reply here. In this way user gets a much comprehensive guide.

My hosting bill is too USD120 (looks like me and Vikas Has the same hosting provider). But I confess that I don't have to pay it from my own pocket. My site is ad based unlike RI which is Ad free.

Come on Indian companies, you are not inventing any thing. You are just referring to other site and making the product available locally. This is not a comment to any particular company. So no personal war here please..

Also, I don't know about other Indian Companies but Ours do contribute back.

We have sold lots of USBasp based AVR Programmer. And In return we have given back a highly usable software written from scratch (unlike other Overlay of avrdude). It can drive a USBasp based programmer completely by itself and its much easier to use.

http://extremeelectronics.co.in/avr-...r-programmers/

Its got listed in the official USBasp pages
    http://www.fischl.de/usbasp/

Now the software is bundled with several Foreign distributors of USBasp.

Like Flytron, Micro4u etc
    http://www.flytron.com
    http://www.flytron.com/47-usb-asp-avr-programmer.html

http://www.micro4you.com/store/USBAS...P/prod_93.html

The code for the eXtreme Burner - AVR was several time bigger than the USBasp firmware. Also I worked hard to make it cross platform and even ported it to Linux.

Also I have created USB Programmers for Microchip PIC, PIC18 and 8051 MCUs fully on MY OWN. From firmware to PC End Software. and I am really selling them dirt cheap. I bet no other company in India Has similar programmers.

But one thing is that I had not made anything open (no schematic or firmware or source code) due to only the two central point of discussion of this thread.

1) DISLOYAL nature of Indian people (not contribution to the source of knowledge or anything)
    2) Illegal Copying by other Indian Company.

Many Indian Company are paying me for the the technology due to close nature of product. So whatever you think of it.

This is because I need money for living and for contributing back. I don't need any money from my government as a pension nor do I can wait till my retirement (I am currently 23). As Mr ________________ is expecting. I will fill the bank in the evening. Time for lunch bye bye.
    Last edited by avinash_g; 03-05-2010 at 01:38 PM.
    Avinash Gupta
    www.eXtremeElectronics.co.in

lol Avinash
    What a clever way of agreeing with my idea yet not agreeing.
    You need money to survive so as to be able to contribute.
    Whether that money comes from govt or your customers or your parents is irrelevant. (govt pension is just an Europe specific example not the whole theory).

If you disagree to my point then you would have been be giving everything out for free. You wouldnt be worried if people are disloyal or fear of other companies stealing your IP. After all you believe passion is everything.
    Last edited by pkshima; 03-05-2010 at 02:17 PM.

The Holi festival at RI still continue.....

@avinash_g
    We have sold lots of USBasp based AVR Programmer. And In return we have given back a highly usable software written from scratch (unlike other Overlay of avrdude). It can drive a USBasp based programmer completely by itself and its much easier to use.
    Avinash, you have developed a software from scratch at the age of 23. This is listed at many places too. I am sure that by now you must be having excellent hold on the timing diagram of the programming algorithm of AVR controllers. And I am sure that you must have read all the datasheets of all the AVR controllers to design the basic logic of programming!!!

I bet, this is not the case.
    Try writing a software from scratch (including the firmware, USB drivers & the PC based algorithm) to program, verify ATmega128 (not writing GUI from scratch). And tell me your age by the time you finish supporting "all" AVR microcontroller programming algorithm.
    8051, AVR, PIC Development Boards & Programmers and much more starts from Rs. 10 onwards @ www.deccanrobots.com

Senior Member T-1000

@ Nivedita

I bet, this is not the case.
    Try writing a software from scratch (including the firmware, USB drivers & the PC based algorithm) to program, verify ATmega128 (not writing GUI from scratch). And tell me your age by the time you finish supporting "all" AVR microcontroller programming algorithm.
    I did the exactly that in My 8051, PIC and PIC18F USB Programmers. That means from Firmware and PC Based software. The Only thing I took was a GPL USB Driver. USBasp creator also took USB drivers from ObDev not written it by himself !

Also Microchip PIC18F chips are much more complicated than AVRs. And My programmer supports ALL* of them.

*Conditions Apply.
    Avinash Gupta

Senior Member T-1000

@Pkshima

If you have passion money will roll in. So passion not money is more important.

I didn't say I need no money! No one can survive 1 sec in this planet without money.
    Avinash Gupta

Its now time to prove that you can contribute openly:

see this thread: http://www.roboticsindia.com/showthr...estion?p=16794
    8051, AVR, PIC Development Boards & Programmers and much more starts from Rs. 10 onwards @ www.deccanrobots.com