Thread: A very Good Site.

Hybrid View

Default A very Good Site.

Hi all,
    This is a really good website www.letsmakerobots.com

Really Good.
    Redefine it your way!!!!

Blog Entries

Did you know the largest majority of people visiting LMR are indians , 28 % last i checked . But if you are a regular there you will see that the contribution made by us is not even 1 %.

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/letsma...m#trafficstats

Unlike Americans Indian rarely contribute back , its just take take take... Thats why no one contributes anything on Ri either ... or maybe no one does anything worth contributing ... ha ha.
    Vikas Patial

in india, very few people are hobbyists. most of the people are interested in robotics for their college projects only. therefore when it comes to contribution, very few are there
    the name is rahul

Senior Member T-1000

Quote Originally Posted by rahuljin View Post
    in india, very few people are hobbyists. most of the people are interested in robotics for their college projects only. therefore when it comes to contribution, very few are there
    a really million dollar point
    Avinash Gupta
    www.eXtremeElectronics.co.in

Quote Originally Posted by rahuljin View Post
    Yes Rahul i'm here also agree with you that many students only interested in robotics at college level projects only not more after that.

One important factor behind Indians not contributing is lack of social security.
    Look at Europe for example which has maximum number of contributors to open source software. Why? because of excellent social security.
    You can sit at home developing software and govt will pay you. Of course there are some conditions to be able to do that but its possible.
    In America, its slightly more commercialized. The people who help are mostly retired people with money to spare and some do it to promote their products/sites.

In India, the major goal of education is earning money. All knowledge one has is first tried for earning money. And theres nothing bad with that.
    The model that will work in India is highly commercialized. There needs to be money somewhere.
    Contribution to community for free will just be a side effect of commercialization.

Also there has been a major difference in USA based commercial webshops and Indian Webshops. The USA based people are open to share their product schematics but in India there are few (couple of, including DeccanRobots & Sunrom).

I have seen even the photographs of 5Amp DC Motor driver product on the product page from one of the R0b0 kit selling company website is taken such a way that the part numbers of the motor driver Mosfet are facing the other side.

Come on Indian companies, you are not inventing any thing. You are just referring to other site and making the product available locally. This is not a comment to any particular company. So no personal war here please..
    Making it available locally is itself a big social responsibility. but the point is make it openly available....

Be open, Share knowledge, help the young students to grow.

Unlike Americans Indian rarely contribute back , its just take take take... Thats why no one contributes anything on Ri either ... or maybe no one does anything worth contributing ... ha ha.
    I feel a lot to contribute but the constraint is of time. Some one said above rightly that we Indians are always behind securing the bread & butter. And we are groomed from childhood in such a ways that we will not share our knowledge that easily. In your childhood do you remember that you ever openly shared the secret to solve the mathematics sum which your "private class" teacher taught you?
    8051, AVR, PIC Development Boards & Programmers and much more starts from Rs. 10 onwards @ www.deccanrobots.com

thanks man it is really nice

Senior Member T-1000

Many time when I read RI posts ,I feel most of the members are very keen on talking than doing anything.

this should happen ,that should happen bla bla .....

No government pay you for sitting at home and not only old and retired person make contribution. only passion make it go.

while I know some very brilliant Indian people too. contribution greatly to the world in their field ,so i cannot (and never) blame India as whole.

So please Start doing !

will we ever see some real robotics diccussed here. i have tons of real robotics problem but i know no one here is capable to answere them.

lots more to say.....

will return latter ....
    Last edited by avinash_g; 03-03-2010 at 07:38 AM.
    Avinash Gupta
    www.eXtremeElectronics.co.in

Quote Originally Posted by avinash_g View Post

No government pay you for sitting at home and not only old and retired person make contribution. only passion make it go.
    Thats your opinion. Dont tell me that social security in Europe means nothing. When you retire, the govt pays you 60% of your last drawn salary as pension.
    So if I were in Europe, I would have quit my job already and be doing electronics all day long. And that would include contributing back.

Now, since I am in India and working in a pvt company, my pension, if any, will be a joke. With that in mind, giving anything out for free would be the last thing on my mind.

So dont think that India's passion alone can beat Europe's social security.
    We need to be much more sensible than that.
    We need a model that makes business sense.