Thread: Let's see now who shares the knowledge for this question?

Default Let's see now who shares the knowledge for this question?

I have a non-robotic question related to the business model, which vikas may face in few weeks from now. The question is:

How to dispatch the small value items (say <US$ 50) out of India with minimum shipping cost?

The answer looks simple but the fact is not.

The simple answer is send it by post. The the complex part is the customs.

I would like all contributors from the "this is good site" thread to add their knowledge here.

Lets see now who will openly contribute to the trading community!
    8051, AVR, PIC Development Boards & Programmers and much more starts from Rs. 10 onwards @ www.deccanrobots.com

Senior Member T-1000

Not possible. I am a exporter too. The Indian Post S***s. Ever looked at Photo copied custom forms, developed western people will simply throw it out !

I trust only DHL which is costly.

Chinese people are selling goods over Ebay can offer very low cost to Western Customers (Mainly USA) as their postal system has a Guaranteed delivery Service to USA (and Some selected Countries). So Chinese are doing very good business hare.

When It comes to government service you can't beat Developed Country.
    Avinash Gupta
    www.eXtremeElectronics.co.in

For last couple of days, I really had free time, so could spent it at RI. This may not be the case from tomorrow onwards.
    Keep posting, will be back soon.
    8051, AVR, PIC Development Boards & Programmers and much more starts from Rs. 10 onwards @ www.deccanrobots.com

Some ideas ...

1. Send just the IP of the project by email.
    2. Send just the PCB via post.
    3. Several Indian vendors can sell through one site (RI roboshop ?). Then customers can buy several items together and thus effectively pay less shipment on each item.

As an example of idea 3, I used roboshop.ca to order stuff from sparkfun as well as pololu at once thus paying less shipment per item.

Blog Entries

One of my friends here said to uses Indian Post and sends by Registered Post, and pay extra for getting back the signed slip.

It takes much more time ( like 2 - 3 weeks ) and has no tracking, but is super cheap according to him. He has yet to loose a package , he mainly exports kits to European market. Non received packages have come back to him.

The thing is as soon as it leaves India , it becomes the responsibility of the other countries postal department ( for US itll be USPS ).

For people who cant wait , DHL < UPS are always there .
    Vikas Patial

Blog Entries

Unhappy

|Gentlemen..! Please refrain from challenging and spiteful posts. Recurrence of such posts will incur the members' infraction notice.
    - Mod
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Nivedita View Post

I would like all contributors from the "this is good site" thread to add their knowledge here.

Lets see now who will openly contribute to the trading community!
    docel
    ^Anything is possible..
    after YOU prove it!!

http://bangalorerobotics.tripod.com

Please ignore the "challenging and spitefulness" of the post. Apologies for the same.

But the core issue raised in the thread is still valid. Exporting a programmer costing US$20 via Post do cost less, but have you people ever done it via legal channel?
    Any one ever visited customs office for exporting the $20 programmer?
    If you follow it legally it's a great pain.

Also DHL may not provide the custom clearance documents. Are they?

If you are following recent development in Paypal payments to India, the paypal blog now clearly says that the goods are under EC type of transaction.

This topic is much complicated. Its not that simple as just visit the post office and send register parcel. If anyone is doing so, the customs people can make your life impossible.