Thread: can HT12E substitute HT12A

Question can HT12E substitute HT12A

DUDES:::::::::
    IM DOING MY WIRELESS BOT PROJECT USING IR WHICH USES HT12A IN ITS TRANSMITTER BUT I HAV PURCHASED HT12E WRONGLY
    WILL IT BE SUBSTITUTE OF OTHER WHAT IS THE MAIN DFRNC B/W HT12A n HT12E
    HELP ME YARR

Blog Entries

Taken from the Holtek Support page

"The address/data pin format of the HT12A and HT12E devices are the same. However, the HT12A address/data have a 38KHz infra-red carrier wave output, making the device suitable for infra-red remote control applications. The HT12E does not have this infra-red carrier wave output. "

Which pretty much means, yes you can interchange them easily. Just go through the datasheet of the product carefully. The major electrical design difference is the Transmission Enable pin on the HT12E as compared to the D8 to D11 pins pulled low on the HT12A.

Rao

connect dout pin of HT12E to the reset pin of 555 timer whichs in astable mode to generate 38khz waveform,

Hi,
    what vidy has said is absolutly correct . From what you hvae described HT12E doesn't have a modulator, so use a NE555 for mixing a 38KHz carrier whith the data signal from HT12E. Make an Astale oscillator using NE555search on Google if u don't know) and have a IR LED at the out put pin of NE555. Use the signal output from the HT13E as input to the pin 4 (Reset pin of the NE555).

Asimov