Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: All terrain robot

Quote Originally Posted by akshay66 View Post
    I mean that how many motors are driving your robot for its locomotion.In other words how many motors have wheels???
    We are using 6 motors so that the bot can be much stable.....and we also have to move some specimen in the arena...for which I'm thinking of a robotic arm...but I don't know the mechanism of that arm...

And another one thing...we will use two switch....so 3 motors will be connected serially with one switch and the other 3 with the other switch right?

Question

For Water:

Use plastic( PVC sheets) or light weighted switch boards or any thing lighter that it.On the top of your bot paste 2 liters Tropicana or any other juice boxes.You can even paste 600ml Pepsi bottle. This will lighten your bot as the density will decrease.

Motors of 200 RPM will do the work.Supply them 12V.

How many motors are you using for base??
    If we use PVC chasis the bot will be float on the water...then how can that will move through the water?

Junior Member Newbie

Could you plz tell me when ths sort of competition takes place. The "DRDO student robotics Competition"

My idea was for a small robot.But after reading that your bot has 6 wheels & also some arm i don't think it'll float easily.You will have to think of some other alternative.If your bot floats then choose wheels which can also help him in driving though water.

We wont be able to tell more until you:
    1. Give us the link for competition.
    2.Post your motor specifications.
    3.Post some photos of motors & robot.
    Redefine it your way!!!!

My idea was for a small robot.But after reading that your bot has 6 wheels & also some arm i don't think it'll float easily.You will have to think of some other alternative.If your bot floats then choose wheels which can also help him in driving though water.

We wont be able to tell more until you:
    1. Give us the link for competition.
    2.Post your motor specifications.
    3.Post some photos of motors & robot.
    Here is the link of the competition..http://dakshh2.byethost8.com/documents/landrover.html

well if you are dealing with water assume 100% failure rate.. and ya one more thing we, professionals at robotics india are here to help you on specific problems and doubts not for fun or totally silly requests like "HEY DESIGN A ROBOT FOR ME" c'mon we are forgetting the main essence of robotics and innovation then!and akshay.quit helping him out that much.he should do on his own.btw water and technology dont match and esp. in the hand of a novice so think again before participating. one little tip go for this kind of design. it can withhold high weight before drowning.

http://www.travelizmo.com/archives/z...sport-boat.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by godslayer View Post
    well if you are dealing with water assume 100% failure rate.. and ya one more thing we, professionals at robotics india are here to help you on specific problems and doubts not for fun or totally silly requests like "HEY DESIGN A ROBOT FOR ME" c'mon we are forgetting the main essence of robotics and innovation then!and akshay.quit helping him out that much.he should do on his own.btw water and technology dont match and esp. in the hand of a novice so think again before participating. one little tip go for this kind of design. it can withhold high weight before drowning.

http://www.travelizmo.com/archives/z...sport-boat.jpg
    Listen we are really having problem...we just wanna have some idea for the chasis, we are not telling that please design a bot for my tech fest. As a newbie in the field of robotics we just want to know about the chasis material which can move through water...and we believe that it is not so difficult to design...

@akshay sir: Use of other wheels which can help the bot to move through water will be more costly.....I've heard that the water level won't be much higher....we can move through the water only if we use 6 motor...it will help the bot to move and increase its stability while climbing the slope...we are thinking about wooden chasis...
    And instead of lifting by arm we can drag the specimens though it may be time consuming...by the way, thanks all of you for sharing your ideas......

do one thing.. make your robot.. design it in a way that it is higher than water.. and rest cover up the electronic circuits with hot glue to prevent from shorting due to water.. i dont think itll be that difficult.. but make sure that you test your circuits thoroughly before putting that as itl make your circuit prone to make changes or replace later on.but it is 100% foolproof... and ya use some kind of rubber washers(just smaller than the size of diameter of the axle) on the axle of the motor before connecting it to wheels so that you can sheild them from entrance of water aswel.. rest best of luck...
    rest.. best of luck for the lifting of cones and spheres part.. coz thats gonna be your next challenge.. (hint.. u can use something like a claw in toy picking machines....)

@Godslayer: Your idea won't work.The bot will not be able to balance on slopes & will tilt.Its a b ad idea.
    @Suvajititb1:Your idea can work but only if the degree of slope is low(less than 30 degree).Use high quality tyres something like this:

http://www.vegarobokit.com/product_d...category_id=46
    http://www.vegarobokit.com/product_d...category_id=46

For dragging do something like this add two bars on both the sides of your bot at front so that the object does not slip from slides while turning.You should also make a mechanism using motors to cloe the fron of the bars to completely close the area.

Something like this:
    http://tinypic.com/r/o6wksk/5

Make the bar in L shape which is attached to motor.

Don't call me sir!!
    Redefine it your way!!!!