Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arp-a rumour?

Exclamation Arp-a rumour?

dude when is the ARP coming out? we all have been waiting for it eagerly...it hurts more that you've made promises to the community that remain unfulfilled rather than making any..i heard the arp is going to be concrete stuff but seriously, it was finished quite sometime back but still we arent getting any updates on the process? thats rude...

i guess we might just have to go for mr avinash's more expensive platforms...

Blog Entries

Hi man

We had board made , but the quality of soldering was sub standard. We do not want to deliver substandard products.

Our plan was to launch our shop tomm , but things just not going right. But have faith things are in motion.

Building a Usefull Robot Kit under 1k is no easy task .
    Last edited by vikas; 03-14-2010 at 10:22 AM.
    Vikas Patial

Senior Member T-1000

@Vikas

Please don't mind this Vikas.

We hope latter the customers don't have to ask "Hey, I Ordered an ARP Month Back and haven't received it yet?"

Because you have lots of "other" works to do and things always don't go right (exactly the current condition, like poor soldering).

@Godslayer

Thanks for considering our Products! But please please don't call them "expensive". If you wan't to see expensive things see this link

Atmel AVR 40 PIN Devboard with Serial Programmer

http://www.sunrom.com/index.php?main...roducts_id=140

Similar product can be purchased from eXtreme Electronics @ Rs 1200 i.e. Less than Half the price.
    And the cost Includes Shipping and Packing Too !!!
    http://shop.extremeelectronics.co.in...products_id=98

With two added advantage
    The programmer will be USB Port Based (unlike Sunroms wich is Serial Port Based!!!)
    The Dev Board has free prototyping area.

And BOTH our products are assembled using professional PCB Machinery thus NO SOLDERING Problems AT ALL !!!

We know many customers who were previously buying from Sunrom found our service Far ahead of them

Also Vikas makes slight mistakes when he calculates the cost of a product using the BOM. The result will only make the course of ARP a little harder (as it is the case of its birth i.e. slightly difficult). Actually he only adds up the costs of all components + PCBs + Assembly charges + small profit. But as he may be knowing that things are not always right! Some examples are

>> Total Batches of PCBs having design errors (about Rs 1000 to 4000 loss immediately)
    >> In Best case 10% of assembled PCBs don't work (My worst case was 50% PCBs of Rs 700 each)
    >> wrong Components arrives
    >> damages during transport. Thus we have to give complete replacement to the user.
    >> Lost consignments (rare but I had one). And as per our policy we have to give a fresh new product again.

Have a look at "Ding & Dent" Section at Spark Fun

http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/categories.php?c=100

See the expensive two layer PCBs with all those EXPENSIVE Components and MCUs Installed !

Ever thought Who Pays for them ???
    Last edited by avinash_g; 03-14-2010 at 11:21 AM.
    Avinash Gupta
    www.eXtremeElectronics.co.in

Never thought about this!!!!

Just two questions you said that the total batches of PCB go wrong. So isn't it the duty of supplier to supply it again free of cost??

&

I don't think you alone manage the extreme electronics.So how people many are there with you??
    Redefine it your way!!!!

Thumbs up

well mr avinash a thing to consider that vikas and his team are trying to run a business for the first time.so you can understand they are bound to have problems(unlike you who has "GARG" gotra or is a "BANIYA" like me :P ) well what avinash said was very right.. you must consider a few things like mentioned before to make sure you dont run into losses.well at ths stage i shouldnt maybe brand it as ARP-Arp Rumour Progession....

As per your products, i understand that you are giving our highly professional kits i have seen your products and i am sure they are none less than ones sold at lady ada or sparkfun or any other internationally reowned shop.I've been promised a review kit by mr. rao which ill be glad to review and i want to see how affordable can one make robotics while keeping the price as a constraint.maybe then i will be actually able to compare your kit with what RI has to offer.not assuming which is better and which isnt.

That was informative Avinash !!!
    Thanks !!!

well as per the wronged boards, well you can salvage the parts again and reuse them on other board!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by godslayer View Post
    well as per the wronged boards, well you can salvage the parts again and reuse them on other board!
    We don't want to give out boards which are not professional. We don't want you guys to later put pictures on RI and say "This is what you get for cheap...crap".

We are making sure that if we give out stuff, they are top of the line and still affordable. Unfortunately, the soldering guy turned out to be a sham.. and if the delay hurt you.. we apologize for the delays.

But we believe in being late than being sorry later.

Rao

Senior Member T-1000

"Just two questions you said that the total batches of PCB go wrong. So isn't it the duty of supplier to supply it again free of cost??"
    @akshay66

I said design error not fab error! So its the burden of designer (that is our people).

Also in business, I belive good relation is more important than money. So even if my fabricator gives be wrongly made PCB (fab errors) I won't ask him for a replacement. Or my supplier gave me 16x1 LCD instead of 16x2 lcd I won't be returning it. You realize the importance of good business contact in time of crisis. I can illustrate each thing by real life example BUT this is not a bussiness forum !!! So better leave it or Mods will stab me!

unlike you who has "GARG" gotra or is a "BANIYA" like me :P
    Hey man this is not my family bussiness! It is just 2 years old. Our first product was ordered on 2 April 2008. And I am 23 years old.
    Avinash Gupta

Senior Member T-1000

@Godslayer

Ha ha ha ... !!!

Completely unprofessional and unpractical solution. Ever tried desoldering a PTH double layer PCBs. The more economical solution is to throw them out. PCBs are always soldered at mass volume at least 100 or so. And components should be fresh, new and of high quality.

If you need I can mail you a 100 ZIF sockets for free but all are in PHT PCBs !!! Tell me the time you need to desolder it. I my idea their is no MASS desoldering equipments (unlike mass soldering equipments)
    Avinash Gupta