Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arp-a rumour?

Quote Originally Posted by avinash_g View Post
    @Godslayer

Ha ha ha ... !!!

Completely unprofessional and unpractical solution. Ever tried desoldering a PTH double layer PCBs. The more economical solution is to throw them out. PCBs are always soldered at mass volume at least 100 or so. And components should be fresh, new and of high quality.

If you need I can mail you a 100 ZIF sockets for free but all are in PHT PCBs !!! Tell me the time you need to desolder it. I my idea their is no MASS desoldering equipments (unlike mass soldering equipments)
    you mean you've taken off all the parts off except the zif sockets if thats what you're offering(i mean what about atmegas and stuff)?

Well that might be unprofessional for you. but you have any idea how much you can save from them? well not... as per mailing me 100 ZIF sockets, i dont need them as i already have my dad's workshop where i can find all sorts of things for free aswel. well i guess you can sell them for soldering desoldering just like sparkfun is selling it it might be helpful for some guy atleast well, if you have already offered that i might aswel take up the trash away from you someday.they're like little boxes of treasure for me :P.. well not only pcbs.. i am ready to take everything that seems TRASH for you due to wronged designs or problem including motors etc(i agree wrong designs might've killed few components itself and will take round an hour to desolder one of the pcb to get parts).......

well ill be glad to take those away if you are'nt asking money for it.in india its all about money honey... sometimes due to price constraints one has to reach cheap alternatives 90% of whatever i made till date on dotted/toner transferred pcbs is made by recycled parts from my dad'd workshop.

http://www.electro-tech-online.com/g...soldering.html

well that thing aside.. i am willing to look over what RI has to offer in "CHEAP" segment of robotics and would love to compare what you are offering in the same price segment afterall thats all the thread is about.

A million dollar advice Avinash. Thanks Alot!!
    Redefine it your way!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by avinash_g View Post
    If you need I can mail you a 100 ZIF sockets for free but all are in PHT PCBs !!! Tell me the time you need to desolder it. I my idea their is no MASS desoldering equipments (unlike mass soldering equipments)
    Well how about holding the board upside down and applying flame from a propane torch or something like that. I guess the ZIF sockets will just fall down.
    Surely the boards will be fried but maybe if its fast enough, the ZIF sockets will be saved.

@Rao & Vikas

Why not sell the platform as DIY kits.
    I always thought that to be the reason behind the decision to use non SMT parts and PCB.

Blog Entries

@avinash_g - Thx man some points i did not consider ... nice for you to bring them out.
    @pkshima - Yep ours is a hackable platform , not much fixed other than the RiDuino and it shield.

Well My plan of action is a little different i don't want to give a kit like what others are giving ( Say Robokits , Robosoft or Tri ) ... I want to give users a mobile breadboard . By that i mean i want the user to be complete flexibility in doing what he wants ... and we will be building robots by putting sensors in place and building circuits around them.

The Kit might not be as high quality as the expensive ones but I should love it and be satisfied. And users should be able to hack it to what they want .

Also i want to give it below Rs 1000 if possible... Mobile Platform + USB Programmable board + basic experimentation kit.

And im doing it because i Love robotics and not because i want to make money out of fleecing college kids, So profits are not a real concern.

I and Rao are involved in commercial projects which will get us more returns anyway. Our main Aim here is to Change the Rules of the Game and make robotics Actually affordable and fun !!!

And the Biggest Advantage on our side is you guys,I bellive Successful Open platforms are initiated by individuals but are built by communities. For ex if 20 of you guys blog about a robot using our platform , We have more documented robots using our kit than anyone else in India.
    Vikas Patial

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vikas View Post
    And the Biggest Advantage on our side is you guys,I bellive Successful Open platforms are initiated by individuals but are built by communities. For ex if 20 of you guys blog about a robot using our platform , We have more documented robots using our kit than anyone else in India.

Well Said.

Agree with Rao....
    Redefine it your way!!!!

Past some days i have been coming across some threads which made differences between all of us.Simple threads convert into discussion & then teams form.This is robotics forum.I would like that this discussion ends here.
    Redefine it your way!!!!

Blog Entries

Well, this thread was about delays. We apologize to those who were annoyed and ask for a little more time ( 7 days at the max).

End of Discussion.

Rao