Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RoboDog

Talking RoboDog

Hey hi i am a 3rd yr student doin engg in EXTC. I was wondering if i could get a help of any sort regarding a bot that i want to built.
    Its basically a RC controlled car ,whose circuit is to be replaced as into make it work as autonomous bot. This bot will perform a basic functions as in to respond on go towards a direction from where the sound is made.It will have 3 microphones on it.Which ever Microphone gets the sound it will move towards that direction.
    Main problem i am facing is how should i get the circuit design as in to get a perfect autonomous bot.

Blog Entries

Whats so tough? its all in the algorithm, if you have already made the microphone receiver module that gives out a pulse when there is a sound over a certain volume).

As far as circuit is concerned, compare your microphone out voltage(which you have amplified) to another voltage which is your minimum required volume threshold. The output pulse
    will be like a proximity pulse. connect that output to your microcontroller's data pin.

It would be the same algorithm as a light seeking robot.

Well actucally i have no idea about the light seeking robot,yea it can wrk pretty much the same base as this bot i wana make
    i understood the algorithm but the actual implemetation of the circuit on the board is the main problem.
    is it like every rremote controlled car has a typical circuit design/?if so where can i get it

thank you for replying.

Blog Entries

You should be concerned with the Motor wires, rip off the remaining circuit. Drive your motors using the appropriate driver (L293D or L298 depending upon the current requirement), Send out motor control signals using sensor processiong (comparison of sensor data to threshold in your case. If you want conditions (if else) you can use suitable logic by means of Logic gates (only electronic knowledge required) or Microcontroller (coding as well as circuit knowledge required).

Rao

ohh yea i guess this should relli work out
    so i do have to make a similar circuit...,welll yeah i know how to drive the motor usin motor drivers n interfacin them with Microcontroller?
    i must strt implementing them
    but wud it better if i use a c -code or assembely prg.?coz assembely wud be real pain in d back.

C would be better.

Are you ready with your mic circuit??
    Redefine it your way!!!!

yes , well i am using a simple breadboard for it....
    coz my project is just like a mini project at college
    would it be a problem using breadboard?
    is it neccesary to use PCB for that too?

Blog Entries

As long as your components dont move too much, breadboard will work out.

i think you should try on a PCB.It will be a more permanent version & if it does not works then breadboard is always there.
    Redefine it your way!!!!

thanx a ton guys.........hope seekin more help from u ll
    i can try my best if u ll need nething..:P
    Peace.