Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Robotics Store Beta @ Ri , Tell us what you want !!!

Quote Originally Posted by vikas View Post
    To compete with Vega you have to go on Credit , and need to Buy in Bulk Only then you have margins which are comparable. At component level most people are not charging huge margins ( about 20 - 50 % ) , it is the things like programmers and kits where most people are heavily overcharging.

But we will give it our best shot. All ideas are welcome.
    I do not thinks so. Vega is not only the ding-ting bell kit supplier or not just another component supplier. A visit to their Lamington Road outlet will be more practical for you to understand as what Vega is doing now a days. (there are 3 outlets next to each other and the latest one offers kits for microcontrollers are extremely high rates.)
    8051, AVR, PIC Development Boards & Programmers and much more starts from Rs. 10 onwards @ www.deccanrobots.com

Blog Entries

Yes i did See their Kits at a delhi distributor , That is where we can compete ... they are selling old fashioned kits at very high price. our aim is to make things affordable , but more than that marketing is required.

I believe i have a great plan laid out for RiDuino ... will try to make it the Defacto platform to start with. We will be competing with our programmers and devlopment kits with Vega very soon .

Everyone has to start somewhere .
    Vikas Patial

I cant help but congratulate Vikas and Rao again for achieving the goal of affordable robotics for India.
    RI shop will surely and quickly have other stuff as well to meet most requirements of robot builders.

I think www.servocity.com can be a great inspiration for ideas on what to stock up on.
    They have stuff without which there is no difference between a robotics shop and and electronics shop.
    Their "Mechanicals" section is awesome.

Senior Member T-1000

Vikas,

Supposing, we buy from your store, can you raise proper commercial invoices that can be used in our accounts?
    Where do you send it from - Delhi proper or some NCR town (Gurgaon, Noida, Ghaziabad etc.)?

Regards,
    Mohit.
    --
    Mohit Mahajan,
    www.BioZen.co.in

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MohitM View Post
    Vikas,

Supposing, we buy from your store, can you raise proper commercial invoices that can be used in our accounts?
    Where do you send it from - Delhi proper or some NCR town (Gurgaon, Noida, Ghaziabad etc.)?

Regards,
    Mohit.
    Currently no , but we are int the process.
    Vikas Patial

Vega is the only supplier of Tamiya Kits in India.This company is just amazing when it comes to RC planes & trucks more than that it provides robotic kits.Though they seem to be costly as compared to Indian Standard but the price is affordable when it comes to dollar or euro.Here the link for webpage:
    http://www.tamiya.com/english/e-home.htm

I think almost all all you visit www.letsmakerobots.com & what i have observed is that many robots have the same base that is the tank base.

No other company has such kind of products in India other than vega.They sell it costly because they know that no on else is providing.

If you are able to put these products on your web shop at even 10-20 percent discount then i'm sure there will be a great demand.I've been dieing to buy products from this link but they are too costly.
    http://www.vegarobokit.com/sub_categ...category_id=47
    http://www.vegarobokit.com/category.aspx?category_id=41

Else your shop is fantastic i mean its just awesome.Great work both.I have to say more but i'll come later.
    Redefine it your way!!!!

Blog Entries

Great Idea Akshay , ive used and love Tamiya products ... i will talk to them.
    Vikas Patial

Is it possible to drop in and buy the products in person Would be cool to see piles of electronics stuff lying around.
    You can charge for a visit if you like
    Maybe the next thing after RI Shop would be RI Cafe.
    A place where people could drop by on weekends and talk electronics :P

Quote Originally Posted by pkshima View Post
    Is it possible to drop in and buy the products in person Would be cool to see piles of electronics stuff lying around.
    You can charge for a visit if you like
    Maybe the next thing after RI Shop would be RI Cafe.
    A place where people could drop by on weekends and talk electronics :P
    i like the idea.. we were thinkin of delhi robotics club anyways...

good idea

what about mini breadboards ?? useful but very hard to find.
    the name is rahul