View Poll Results: Would you go for this?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Paid fully equipped hackerspace

Quote Originally Posted by pkshima View Post
    I have raised this idea several times but not much interest shown by anyone ... I guess we all want to join but not start it ourselves.
    This indeed is a good idea! But the only constraint is the lack of Funds. A student as myself can not buy a place or tools dedicated to it. Such a place mostly falls under non profit sector, and if its not then people wont join it.
    So only people with a good financial background can take the risk of initiating such a place.

Senior Member T-1000
    Blog Entries

I used to have this lab in calicut, and that was where I used to work too. I used to charge students, but did not charge regulars and all. I had to close down as the rent went up. But I am building up a new lab in a couple of months, so people in and around north kerala and calicut can benefit.Unfortunately, i dont see much people from kerala here. They believe in marks more than anything.

I do not have a lathe, But even if i had one, i wouldnt have used that much. You need to have real good experience if you need good results. I have access to a lathe, I used to try making things for the fun of it, but it takes good experienced hands even to cut a simple 2" nylon with precision.

I do have all other necessary tools like drillers, grinders, cutters etc etc, scope, workbench, powers supplies, testers and essential boards, so any interested guys can come to my place if you are real serious. I wont charge if you are coming to my home, but i do plan to charge when the new lab comes up. you can expect that by june.

If you are in bangalore, Docel have a space, and its one place where things are happening. But i dont think he rents out the space, but you can talk your requirements to him. And he has this way of making out easily if you are real serious or not. That was one space i loved to work.
    Last edited by allbits; 04-20-2010 at 09:52 PM. Reason: grammar. my poor grammar :D:D
    .... I didnt do it ! ....

Like Docel i know a guy near my house in Delhi In Rohini Sector 3,they have a good lab they don't even charge until you buy some components.They charge for components, motors & tools for eg. If you are using a glue gun they will charge for glue stick but nothing else.If you are using drilling machine they won't charge anything.They also have readymade Uc kits & PCBs also.They price is Affordable.

The name is PLC Institute of Electronics.

For the website search about them in google.
    Redefine it your way!!!!

i was there at PLC Institute. quality of kits, pcbs, etc is good but i dont like the nature of the owner i donot know that he is providing the lab free of charge now. once he told me that i could use the lab for rs250 a day, component extra and no guidance (when plc Institute was at other place on the same road).
    the name is rahul

Its free!!!That guy is good.
    Redefine it your way!!!!

Hmmm... this is a good response and nice to know that Delhi, Blore and calicut have something in place. I stay in Pune and wouldnt mind hooking up with someone who shares the same mindset. Any takers?

Rgds,
    Sushrut.

Senior Member Cyborg

I am also from Pune, so whats up, whats your plan.
    anyways i planning (just planning) to buy bench drill.
    Nikhil Chandra | Bangalore

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

shashak you are from pune but your location says delhi,mumbai & kanpur
    Redefine it your way!!!!

Senior Member Cyborg

Actually it should be bhopal, delhi mumbai kanpur, initially.
    as i lived in bhopal , routinely go to delhi and mumbai. And then worked in kanpur(got that job from one of RI post itself.)

And now it should be Pune, mumbai.
    As I am now working in Pune. But with new site design,[s] I cannot found changing the location.[/s]

@ vikas: [s]where i can change my location and other settings.[/s] And one more things its a bug or so i can only login if i check remember me box, otherwise after login authentication i redirected back to non login state. and strike though tags [s] is not working.
    Last edited by shashak; 04-23-2010 at 09:34 PM.
    Nikhil Chandra | Bangalore

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by shashak View Post
    got that job from one of ri post itself.
    LOL.....which one???
    Last edited by akshay66; 04-24-2010 at 06:07 PM.
    Redefine it your way!!!!