View Poll Results: Would you go for this?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Paid fully equipped hackerspace

Hybrid View

Default Paid fully equipped hackerspace

Hi,

I have been wondering if this would work? what if you had a _fully_ equipped hacker-space in a locality near you that provides all the infrastructure as well as mentoring you would need for a periodic fee (monthly / half yearly / annually...). All you would need to do is bring yourself and your commitment . Would you be willing to pay for such a facility?

Rgds,
    sushmair.

Senior Member Android

Can you explain what hacker-space means?

Hi Guys,
    I guess I have some good news for you people atleast for those living in mumbai. There is some thing like this comming up from an IITB prof. I can't give much details abouit it as of now as things are in advance stage. But guys you will soon have a good palce to do all this stuff.

Asimov

Senior Member Android

Ahh.. thank you for that Mohit

Yes Sushmair, depending on where the hackerspace is at. Please open one in NCR.
    Last edited by lolman_returns; 04-20-2010 at 11:34 AM.

& i think i know one which does not even take fee.Its not a full hackerspace but something like that
    Redefine it your way!!!!

I would love to....
    Redefine it your way!!!!

Senior Member Cyborg

Not hackspace, but for very long time i am searching for place which i would call as rented/leased labs . But not found anything related to it.
    These labs/workshops will be place having equipments like Lathe, drills, oscilloscope and other tools which cannot be procured personally. People would pay for their usage and there will no pocking noses . Just come do your stuff and go.

So had you know any place like that? Don’t say "your college lab !". I hate taking permissions and other red tapes.
    Nikhil Chandra | Bangalore

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

I would really love to have a place like that around. I believe every person who's Hobbyist and practices Robotics would want to be a part of place like that , even if it means to pay some fee.

I own a workshop in my home ( a hall dedicated to it ) with all sorts of small hardware, but some serious tools like lathe, and scopes as mentioned by Shashank are impossible to buy on my own. The college labs are of no use, getting permission and all leaves you to a limited exposure to tools in constrained time.

Are there any budding Hackerspace around somewhere ?

I have raised this idea several times but not much interest shown by anyone ... I guess we all want to join but not start it ourselves.