Thread: 8051 family??

Hybrid View

Robo_team

Default 8051 family??

Hi everybody,

This is our first experience in constructing robots. We decided in constructing a wall following robot, as a part of our project in mechatronics course. Plz help us with the following two questions
    1. We r using infrared sensors for detecting the wall. But for this we need to compensate for the ambient light. How exactly is this done.
    2. we decided to use a 8051 family u-controller. Can we give the sensor output, directly to the analog input of the u-controller, and for this purpose which u-controller do u suggest

Senior Member Cyborg

One way is to use IR filters....salvage one from a defunct TV set or something that has an IR receiver....

You can also try putting the IR sensor in some shade.....allow radiation to enter from its opening only....not it's sides.... if you're using a phototransistor you can use a permanent marker to darken it's sides!

The other part about the 8051....I dunno much about it!...so maybe someone else who does can answer that!

Senior Member Android

Use TSOP1738 infrared reciever and forget but ambient light and noise. I have read a project idea on EFY, which I think will be very useful for your project. I will post the detalis as soon as I figure out which issue was it.

Senior Member Cyborg

TSOP1738 is really a good for the given job.....8051 does not accept analog input...you can have ADC chips connected to it ... these can be used pretty easily ... visit www.8052.com for more help

ATmega8 micro controller can be used to get analog inputs directly...it has 8X10-bit ADC chanels
    Sumandeep Banerjee
    M.Tech, IIT Kharagpur,
    B.Tech, IIT Kharagpur,
    http://www.robotix.in